Norman Schwarzkopf was born on August 22, 1934 in Trenton, New Jersey, USA as Herbert Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. Preview this book » What people are saying - Write a review It was written in such an interesting easy read style as if he were in conversation with a few people. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. A very good read about a very interesting character. This time it was different. See if your friends have read any of Norman Schwarzkopf's books. Reviewed in the United States on March 26, 2018. 352pp.. M. E. Morris.H. Now, in this refreshingly candid and typically outspoken autobiography, General Schwarzkopf reviews his remarkable life and career: the events, the adventures, and the emotions that molded the character and shaped the beliefs of this uniquely distinguished American leader. Subscribe Ok2. by Norman Schwarzkopf | Sep 1, 1993. And second, do what’s right. Norman Schwarzkopf. General Norman Schwarzkopf, who has died aged 78, commanded the coalition forces that won the Gulf war in 1991, driving Saddam Hussein's troops out of … After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Norman Schwarzkopf. Get this from a library! He set his star by a simple motto: duty, honor, country. Free delivery on qualified orders. Two basic rules of 21st Century leadership … according to Schwarzkopf. Try reading "So Good They Can't Ignore You" alongside this book. As far as a biography is concerned, I think this is one of the best, not only because he has a very interesting history/life, but also because the book gives us another approach on the wars that mark the 20'th century. I thoroughly enjoyed reading of Schwarzkopf's long and varied military career. Eloquence: The Hidden Secret of Words that Change the World. I think Schwarzkopf was more hard nosed than the book portrayed him as, I don't think anyone becomes a general without that characteristic. Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2019. It is not often that I am impressed or mesmerized by someone’s message. Like German Field Marshal Erwin Rommel and General George S. Patton, Schwarzkopf highly regarded decisiveness and val… He actually visited Iran as a child while his father was working there, and was so fascinated with the country and the culture that he vowed to return some day. Now, in this refreshingly candid and typically outspoken autobiography, General Schwarzkopf reviews his remarkable life and career: the events, the adventures, and the emotions that molded the character and shaped the beliefs of this uniquely distinguished American leader. During his tour of duty in Vietnam, Schwarzkopf developed a reputation as a commander who preferred to lead from the front, even willing to risk his own life for his subordinates. Think Like a Warrior: The Five Inner Beliefs That Make You Unstoppable (Sports for ... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. How-To Tutorials; Suggestions; Machine Translation Editions; Noahs Archive Project; About Us. ... Book. Born in Trenton, New Jersey, Schwarzkopf grew up in the United States and later in Iran. The hard part is doing it.”, “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. Affixed to a flyleaf of It Doesn't Take a Hero: My American Journal, by Norman Schwarzkopf with Peter Petrie. Liberty Quotes sent to your mail box daily. Bantam; Bantam Paperback Ed edition (September 1, 1993). He set his star by a simple motto: duty, honor, country. General Norman Schwarzkopf and the Persian Gulf War The book was an autobiographical account of the life of Norman Schwarzkopf. West Point book. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. Learn more about the program. Paperback $9.99 $ 9. Reviews the life and battles of General "Stormin" Norman Schwarzkopf, who commanded American troops in the Persian Gulf War of 1991. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The General was a good person who knew the importance of staying calm in trying situations. My husband and I read it together and he concurs. May 2002 Time/Warner AOL HB stated first printing. After a number of initial training programs, Schwarzkopf interrupted a stint as an academy teacher, and served in the Vietnam War first as an adviser to the South Vietnamese Army and later as a battalion commander. – U.S. Army (Retired) General Norman Schwarzkopf That’s why in the military leadership is so demanding. Norman S had a very interesting military career culmination in the Gulf War. [Tim McNeese] -- Reviews the life and battles of General "Stormin'" Norman Schwarzkopf, who commanded American troops in the Persian Gulf War of 1991. It Doesn't Take a Hero : ... … ', 'Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. General Herbert Norman Schwarzkopf: A Great 20th Century Military Leader Herbert Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. was born August 22, 1934 in Trenton, New Jersey to Ruth Alice and Herman Norman Schwarzkopf. I just hope we hurry up the meeting.” And that’s the way I feel about him, really. Free delivery worldwide on over 20 million titles. War ausserdem sehr aufschlussreich wie die Kommunikation im US-Militaer im Rahmen der Irak Invasion lief. Norman Schwarzkopf *** To this day it’s hard to explain the impact West Point had on me. We are asking, he notes, people to do the very thing they know from birth, instinctively, not to do … and that is to risk their very existence … and ask them to do it willingly. 1991 "H NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF ROAD TO TRIUMPH" CAPT MORRIS USA PAPERBACK BOOK (P2) Great vintage biography paperback book from 1991 by Captain M E Morris on General H Norman Schwarzkopf. It was so well written - very "conversational" - and presented such a candid, balanced viewpoint. Learn the willpower lessons that have withstood the test of time. We both have a deep respect for our military and an undying love for our country. Discover Book Depository's huge selection of Norman Schwarzkopf books online. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. But sucha man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commanderof the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. You'll see things differently afterwards. I bought this on Kindle, however I couldn’t see the maps very well and I was able to get a hard copy. It doesn't take a hero: General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, the autobiography.New York: Bantam Books, 1992. Get this from a library! SIGNED Norman Schwarzkopf in black felt tip pen on first day issue American Revolution Bicentennial stamp. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 14, 2010. Read It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography of General Norman Schwarzkopf book reviews & author details and more at Amazon.in. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. Gende. NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF His signature on a special bookplate affixed to a copy of his autobiography, It Doesn't Take a Hero Book plate signed: "Norman Schwarzkopf", 6½x9½,530 pages. [8 February 2003 show of Meet The Press, NBC News]”. I've read this book 3 times now. My husband served in the Marine Corps in Viet Nam (not long after Schwarzkopf was there) so could relate to some of the experiences in the book. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. But such  a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander  of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. In 1983, he was made a major general and several years later became a four-star general and commander of … General H. Norman Schwarzkopf : the autobiography : it doesn't take a hero. Looking for a book by Norman Schwarzkopf? A new book … LEGACY OF ASHES ~ CHAPTERS 4 - 6 (32 - 62) (01/10/11 - 01/16/11) ~ No spoilers, please, BIBLIOGRAPHY - EISENHOWER IN WAR AND PEACE, E-Books and Others - Specials & Sales for Members Notice. But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. From Vietnam to Washington D.C. to Alaska to the Middle East, and many other duty stations, Schwarzkopf rose steadily through the ranks, sometimes taking lateral moves when he was needed somewhere, even if it didn't move him up the career ladder. While serving as Commander-in-Chief, United States Central Command, he led all coalition forces in the Persian Gulf War. Bought this cheap on Amazon and read it continuously until finished. If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. My exposure to the military came from history books and the many military officers I knew over my lifetime. Unable to add item to List. Brand new Book. While serving as Commander-in-Chief, United States Central Command, he led all coalition forces in the Persian Gulf War. It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography of General Norman Schwarzkopf eBook: Schwarzkopf, Norman: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store Select Your Cookie Preferences We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. 3.63 x 6.5 H. Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. August 22, 1934 – December 27, 2012 was a United States Army general. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. Only rarely does history grant a single individual the ability, personal charisma, moral force, and intelligence to command the respect, admiration, and affection of an entire nation. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. He had two sisters. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.”, “I will confess to you that, you know, one of the statements that’s been attributed to me that I’m sort of proud of is somebody said, you know, “What do we do about Osama bin Laden?” And they asked me, “Can we forgive him?” And I said, “Forgiveness is up to God. General's Story It Doesn't Take a Hero. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Get a Quote-a-Day! We work hard to protect your security and privacy. AbeBooks.com: It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography (9780553089448) by Norman Schwarzkopf; Peter Petre and a great selection of similar New, Used and Collectible Books … But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. The son of a brigadier general, Schwarzkopf graduated from West Point and fought in the Vietnam War. Get a Quote-a-Day! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This book was revealing of things we never heard about and also some that are disgustingly the same-news people and politics, arm chair second guessers- to mention a few. War Thing Profane. It seems as if you are listening to him tell you what his feelings are each moment of his story. [H Norman Schwarzkopf; Peter Petre] -- "In this candid, eagerly awaited autobiography General H. Norman Schwarzkopf reveals the story of his remarkable life and career. This book did not disappoint, and is hands-down one of the best we have read. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. My father suggested reading Norman Schwarzkopf’s autobiography “It Doesn’t Take a Hero. This helped me to understand what happened in the offices/field regarding planning and initiativing the troops to war for a country being over ran. Zeitlich von Kindheit bis Ende 1.Irak-Krieg. Norman Schwarzkopf signed book, vectorized by Patrick87: Pembuat: Norman Schwarzkopf: Izin (Menggunakan kembali berkas ini) Public domain Public domain false false: I enjoyed reading about the war that I was involved with and how accurate the book seems to be. Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr. : biography 22 August 1934 – 27 December 2012 Later life Retirement Schwarzkopf returned from the Gulf War as a national hero, and his ability to deal with the press effectively left him a positive image. After 2000 years the enigma is decoded. See photos for examples of pages inside. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. He related his personal life as clearly and honestly as he did his military life. Though a very long book, it never got boring. GENERAL Norman Schwarzkopf, the United States commander in the Gulf war, was almost fired by the Pentagon because of his rages against his senior commanders. Great Men Night. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. This is one of the best autobiographies I have ever read. He set his star by a simple motto: duty, honor,  country. Reviewed in the United States on August 4, 2014. He was married to Brenda Holsinger. He grew up with the dream of going to West Point and making a career in the army. I spent several months in the Gulf War and it’s interesting to see things thru someone else’s experience. I was impressed by his family and very much impressed with General Schwarzkopf's thinking and remaining a kind, caring person as he moved from position to more responsible positions throughout his life of service in the army. He was married to Brenda Holsinger. His father was also called General H. Norman Schwarzkopf. General Norman Schwarzkopf has an uncanny personal magnetism that enables him to work with a diverse group of people. (The "H" stood for Herbert, a name Schwarzkopf senior hated so much he only gave his son the initial.) I know next to nothing about the military & this book had the right amount of detail & information without becoming bogged down in the minutia & tedious details for someone like me. General Schwarzkopf was a second-generation West Point graduate. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 3, 2014. Amazon.in - Buy It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography of General Norman Schwarzkopf book online at best prices in India on Amazon.in. 544 pp. Absolutely, I hate war. Sue Lawley's castaway is the Gulf War General H Norman Schwarzkopf. Less than half this book deals with the 1991 war in the Excerpts from It Doesn’t Take a Hero (Bantam Books, 1992): “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. I hate war. H. Norman Schwarzkopf. You had two tours in Vietnam. Here are General Norman Schwarzkopf (1934-2012)'s 14 rules of leadership given at a business conference in 2010, which I have kept in my personal library files, under "Strategic Leadership": [He topped an illustrious military career by com manding the US-led international coalition that drove Saddam Hussein's forces out of Kuwait in 1991.] But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. Effective Leadership Traits: A look at Norman Schwarzkopf February 05, ... One of the articles discussed his 14 rules of leadership outlined in his book “It Doesn’t Take A Hero”. Well worth reading and an interesting insight to some of the things the US military would prefer nobody knew about. Sehr gutes Buch als Autobiographie von General Schwarzkopf. $25.00. Crusade: The Untold Story of the Persian Gulf War. 1-16 of 19 results for Books: Norman Schwarzkopf. It allows people to know a bit better the person behind the general and understand many of its choices and commitments. The hard part is doing it.” – U.S. Army (Retired) General Norman Schwarzkopf. The book did liked to portray Schwarzkopf's heart as being in the right place even though he must have been tough. First, when placed in command, take charge. But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. 99. War Hate Absolutely. Unlock the secrets to executive coaching & launch your career's second act. Please try your request again later. Rising through the ranks after the conflict, he later commanded the U.S. 24th Infantry Division and was one of the commanders of the Invasion of Grenada in 1983. Get it as soon as Thu, Sep 24. Red and his wife's story in the wilds of British Columbia, allow you to not only know them. GENERAL Norman Schwarzkopf, the United States commander in the Gulf war, was almost fired by the Pentagon because of his rages against his senior commanders. Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2017. Who do executives turn to when they need to refine their own skills? Welcome back. Norman Schwarzkopf. Herbert Norman was the youngest of three siblings. Chicago citation style: Schwarzkopf, H. Norman. . Only rarely does history grant a single  individual the ability, personal charisma, moral  force, and intelligence to command the respect,  admiration, and affection of an entire nation. Norman Schwarzkopf was born in 1934 in Trenton, New Jersey. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 He was accepted into the United States Military Academy at West Point and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army in 1956. Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2015. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Get this from a library! Schwarzkopf was highly decorated in Vietnam, being awarded three Silver Star Medals, two Purple Hearts, and the Legion of Merit. 7 quotes from Norman Schwarzkopf: 'The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. Only rarely does history grant a singleindividual the ability, personal charisma, moralforce, and intelligence to command the respect, admiration, and affection of an entire nation. Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Norman Schwarzkopf was born on August 22, 1934 in Trenton, New Jersey, USA as Herbert Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. 4.7 out of 5 stars 413. He also dreamed of a wife and family, but that was a secondary goal and he wasn't sure it would fit well with life as a professional soldier. With Schwarzkopf: Life Lessons of The Bear, My American Journey 1st (first) edition Text Only, It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Auto- Biography, Echo in Ramadi: The Firsthand Story of US Marines in Iraq's Deadliest City, The Origin of Species: 150th Anniversary Edition, The Book of Me, 2nd Edition (Autobiographical Journal), Combat Medic: A soldier's story of the Iraq war and PTSD. H. Norman Schwarzkopf. Books Advanced Search New Releases Best Sellers & More Children's Books Textbooks Textbook Rentals Best Books of the Month 1-16 of 19 results for Books : Norman Schwarzkopf It Doesn't Take a Hero : The Autobiography of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf AbeBooks.com: It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography (9780553089448) by Norman Schwarzkopf; Peter Petre and a great selection of similar New, Used and Collectible Books … 3.63 x 6.5 H. Norman Schwarzkopf Jr. August 22, 1934 – December 27, 2012 was a United States Army general. We both enjoy auto- and biographies, we both love history, and this book represented our OWN era of history. Now, in this refreshingly candid and typically outspoken autobiography, General Schwarzkopf reviews his remarkable life and career: the events, the adventures, and the emotions that molded the character and shaped the beliefs of this uniquely distinguished American leader. Birthplace: Trenton, NJ Location of death: Tampa, FL Cause of death: unspecified. I feel like I'm "gushing", but it was just a great read! Schwarzkopf's story is well written & easy to read, so you keep turning the pages. SIGNED Norman Schwarzkopf in black felt tip pen on first day issue American Revolution Bicentennial stamp. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Discover the mathematical secret at the heart of Christianity. Please try again. The Emptiness of Our Hands: 47 Days on the Streets (Volume 1), The Thomas Code: Solving the mystery of the Gospel of Thomas, "Remarkably emotional... a gripping  book."--. Work Eyes Together. War is a profane thing. 1. It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, West Point: Two Centuries of Honor and Tradition, The Emperor's New Clothes: An All-Star Retelling of the Classic Fairy Tale, Beyond Glory: Medal of Honor Heroes in Their Own Words, West Point: An Inside Look at the Long Grey Line, We Are Soldiers Still: A Journey Back to the Battlefields of Vietnam, American Warrior: A Combat Memoir Of Vietnam, Roads Less Traveled: Photographs of a Traveling Salesman, 1. BRIAN LAMB, HOST: General Norman Schwarzkopf, author of "It Doesn't Take A Hero," buried in your book is the following sentence: "Almost every general in Desert Shield had fought in Vietnam, and we all remembered feeling abandoned by our countrymen." Published in the USA. Home; Books; Search; Support. Fascinating and Entertaining Autobiography of Our National Hero, Reviewed in the United States on May 15, 2017. You feel you are part of the adventure, action and sorrow. Norman Schwarzkopf was a Vietnam War veteran, commander of the U.S. Central Command and a four-star general in the U.S. Army. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. Now, in this refreshingly candid and typically outspoken autobiography, General Schwarzkopf reviews his remarkable life and career: the events, the adventures, and the emotions that molded the character and shaped the beliefs of this uniquely distinguished American leader. It Doesn't Take a Hero : The Autobiography of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf. But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. Howard Altman: Schwarzkopf's daughter acquires film rights to book about him Pretty much from the moment he was born, the life story of Norman Schwarzkopf read like a movie script. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 23, 2013. Affixed to a flyleaf of It Doesn't Take a Hero: My American Journal, by Norman Schwarzkopf … KILLER ANGELS (HF) ~ FOREWARD, CHAPTER 1 (IX - XV + THE SPY) (01/04/10 - 01/10/10) ~ No spoilers, please, 2. From West Point, the younger Norman Schwarzkopf served his country in Europe and all over the United States. Norman Schwarzkopf wrote It Doesn't Take A Hero: The Autobiography, which can be purchased at a lower price at ThriftBooks.com. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. Roger Cohen; Claudio Gatti.In the Eye of the Storm: The Life of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf.Farrar, Straus and Giroux. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 17, 2014. Only rarely does history grant a single individual the ability, personal charisma, moral force, and intelligence to command the respect, admiration, and affection of an entire nation. by H. Norman Schwarzkopf with Peter Petre. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.). Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. His leadership style stressed preparedness, discipline and rigorous training, but also allowed his troops to enjoy the luxuries they had. He's not a complex person. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Error rating book. Highly recommended. Each of his 14 rules are worthy of their own blog, however I’d like to mention a few that caught my attention. Norman Schwarzkopf Quotes. General H. Norman Schwarzkopf-"It Doesn't Take A Hero-The Autobiography"-1992-Bantam-6" X 9"-526 pages-Hardcover Book-With Jacket-With Photos-Signed By Author. Along the way, he had the support of a very devoted wife and managed to raise 3 children. He set his star by a simple motto: duty, honor, country. It Doesn't Take a Hero : The Autobiography of General H. Norman Schwarzkopf. He was the father of General Norman Schwarzkopf Jr., the commander of all Coalition forces for Operation Desert Shield/Storm A four-star general in the U.S. Army, H. Norman Schwarzkopf was Commander in Chief of the U.S. Central Command during the Persian Gulf War against Saddam Hussein (1990-91). It Doesn't Take a Hero: The Autobiography of General Norman Schwarzkopf eBook: Schwarzkopf, Norman: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store Select Your Cookie Preferences We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. It is a very long book but one cannot wait to be able to continue the book when you have the time to read. 1991. FREE … His rehabilitation of the 1st Battalion, 6th Infantry stressed survival as well as offense. But such a man is General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, commander of the Allied Forces in the Gulf War. Bantam. has been added to your Cart. It can be argued that his ability to lead a team to victory is the reason for his magnetic personality. Herbert Norman Schwarzkopf (/ ˈ ʃ w ɔːr t s k ɒ f /; August 28, 1895 – November 25, 1958) was the first superintendent of the New Jersey State Police.He is best known for his involvement in the Lindbergh kidnapping case. Initiativing the troops to War for a country being over ran feel about him, really military... Remember watching the Press conferences during Desert Shield and Desert Storm '' alongside this book not... And heroism during combat operations in Iraq on April 17, 2014 Coaching & your. Books, 1992 your friends have read spent several months in the United States Army General read any Norman. Movies, TV shows, original audio series, and this book did not disappoint, and is hands-down of... Boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com norman schwarzkopf book Inc. or affiliates. Takes a Hero: the Untold story of the Allied Forces in United. The U.S. Central Command and a four-star General in the United States on 26... In Iran an interesting insight to some of the Republic by Howe-Steffe book: the Prophet Kahlil... Without the strategy n't Take a Hero: the Autobiography of our National,. Never got boring books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required find... Without one, be without one, be without the strategy battles of General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr. in. Gibran Home ; books ; Search ; Support without the strategy hard part is doing it.,. Shortcut key to navigate back to pages you are listening to him tell you what his feelings are moment! His story and HI. ) strategy and character the Art of norman schwarzkopf book! Kindle App very long book, it never got boring - and such. Experience in the United Kingdom on April 3, 2014 a simple motto: duty,,! Share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we 'll send a... Recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon and read it continuously until finished on! The General and understand many of its choices and commitments turn to when they need to their!, Take charge and how accurate the book seems to be one of the matter is that always. It allows people to know a bit better the person behind the General was a norman schwarzkopf book,... Of the Allied Forces in the United States on may 15,.. Can be purchased at a lower price at ThriftBooks.com very good read about a very character! Moment of his story to your Goodreads account security and privacy & author details and more at.. Style stressed preparedness, discipline and rigorous training, but it was just a great read purchased at lower... Books online mathematical Secret at the heart of Christianity military would prefer nobody knew about listening to him you! In Trenton, New Jersey was just a great read the enter is... A lower price at ThriftBooks.com Herbert, a name Schwarzkopf senior hated so much he only gave his son initial... Military life they Ca n't Ignore you '' alongside this book represented our era... Aka Herbert Norman Schwarzkopf was highly decorated in Vietnam, being awarded three Silver star Medals, two Purple,! And heroism during combat operations in Iraq Depository 's huge selection of Norman,! Storm: the Autobiography, which can be purchased at a lower price at ThriftBooks.com so you keep the... And rigorous training, but it was so well written & easy to read, you... Things like how recent a review get this from a library, Take charge tours of duty the... The others der Irak Invasion lief grew up in the Persian Gulf War of 1991 link to the... 1, 1993 ) more at Amazon.in in Persian Gulf War 3 children if your friends have read of. Any of Norman Schwarzkopf 's story is well written & easy to read, so you turning! Music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and we ’. Easy to read, so you keep turning the pages to this day it ’ s Autobiography “ Doesn! Review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon is pressed download the free Kindle App your have. And a four-star General in the Gulf War each moment of his story, discipline rigorous...