It’s actually extremely simple to reset a Kwikset lock with a SmartKey. Product Details. Note: You will need to re-enroll your Owner phone and fobs, and you will need to resend eKeys to your Kevo users. These posts prevent the lock from entering rekeying position. Next, without rotating the key lock, remove the key and then insert the … These combs are used to depress the wafers inside the cylinder to a precise depth, allowing the cylinder to be rotated to the reset position. Sort By: Top Sellers. The kwikset smartkey lock is designed to give you a one key convenience and maintain a high standard of security. Secure the mechanism to the door using the two small Phillips screws included in the kit and using the lower screw terminals on the sides. It will include a couple of keys and the small tool you use to change the key in the lock. Both the learn tool and the working key are imperative to successfully re-key a lock. Type. Chris Ahrens has been making huge waves in the Locksport community this past year, boasting over 100 picking videos on his new YouTube Channel, and is now the very first lock picker in the world to exploit this challenging lock. Tools. Buying the kwikset smartkey is one of the best decisions I made. This is a must if you run across Kwikset Smartkey with any frequency. Insert the rekeying tool that comes with the lock. Black. Remove the SmarKey tool. If you wish to reset your Kevo, press and hold down the reset button for 10 seconds until the lock beeps and the lock face LEDs flash red. The “programming” key is universal. If you try to push the plug from the housing, the wafers will be preventing it from coming out. how to reset smart key kwikset. Follow these Kwikset Smart Key Re-key instructions: Kwikset Smart Key Professional Reset Cradle 83260 Kwikset Smart Key Professional Reset Cradle. You will hear one long beep. Much more economical in the long run too!!!! SmartKey is the best innovation Kwikset has developed.”. See whether you can see a tiny oval hole located next to the keyhole. SmartKey Security™ also allows you to re-key the lock yourself in seconds, leaving lost or unreturned keys obsolete. Individuals now are accustomed to using the internet in gadgets to see image and video information for inspiration, and according to the name of this post I will discuss about How To Reset Smart Key Kwikset. SmartKey. I won my own home and sometimes I rent the rooms out during holidays or even for a long period of time. The steps are: Insert your old key into the lock you want to be rekeyed. Optimal Drill Resistance: The lock cylinder uses two steel balls in the front of the key face, making it resistant to attack from drilling or intruders. This guide will show you how to re-key (or re-pin) them yourself without needing to call a Locksmith. Bumpguard: Patented side locking bar technology replaces a traditions pin & tumbler design to protect against lock bumping. Your lock is then successfully re-keyed. Text, image, video. RELATED: How to Re-Key Your Kwikset SmartKey Lock to Your Previous Key. I bet there are videos on YouTube about rekeying those locks without a key to give you a visual. Bought a new house and bought all new Kwikset handles for the entire house including all new SmartKey locks. Top reviews. Please allow time for the controller to add the lock. Use the key in the kit as the master key. My question: What do you use for the NEW key? The kwikset smartkey is created to make it easy for you to lock and unlock your door. If you run into difficulty re-keying your SmartKey lock, these troubleshooting tips serve as helpful work-arounds: “I rent a home to seasonal guests in Naples, Florida. Smart devices: Note: This re-keying was performed on a Kwikset deadbolt, but the procedure should be the same for most brands. Kwikset 99390-001 Halo Wi-Fi Smart Lock Keyless Entry Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel 4.2 out of 5 stars 1,375 $170.14 $ 170 . (Very difficult without key), Your lock may not be exactly like this one, but the same principles apply across the board, These notches determine the working cuts (1 cut -6 cut). 188 global ratings | 53 global reviews There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Used to reset an improperly keyed SmartKey cylinder. It will include a couple of keys and the small tool you use to change the key in the lock. 14 $229.00 $229.00 MPN: 83260: UPC: 883351041652: Shipping: Most of our Items ship within 2-3 Business Days … The steps are: Insert your old key into the lock you want to be rekeyed. At Kwikset, we’ve designed a number of products, from mechanical locks to electronic locks, to help property managers save some time when it comes to managing the security of their properties. Keep in mind that you can create and reset Kwikset lock codes for up to four users. Open your door. Powered by WordPress and Stargazer. SmartCode 955 Commercial Grade Lever. turn the key only half-way. How to Factory Reset a Kwikset Smart Lock. Rekeying SmartKey Cylinders with a Reset Cradle 8 Troubleshooting Reset Cradle Rekeying 11 Rekeying SmartKey Cylinders with a Stationary Reset Tool12 Troubleshooting Stationary Reset Tool Rekeying 15. Kwikset's SmartKey Security™ is designed to protect against these type of break-ins and keep your family safe. No. Rekeying a Kwikset Smartkey without a key has been our most popular request. There is no way to reprogram the lock to a new key without turning the cylinder (as in with a working key). I got the keys (8 keys for around $10.00) at Lowe’s and used original tool that came with locks! Kwikset 991 SmartKey Juno Entry Knob Satin Nickel Deadbolt Combo Pack FREE SHIP. While I would never use one of these locks on my home, the engineering is pretty cool. Not the tiny slit in the front but the tines in the back of the cylinder by taking it out of the the cylinder housing. Smart Key Re-key Technology allows you to control who has access to your home. While I suppose if one could pick it they could get it into the programming position (they are bump proof and you can’t pick it with a snap gun like pin tumbler cylinders), once they have the cylinder turned, it makes no sense to actually program It to a new key unless you want to be a d ick and lock the person out too. We’re using the SmartCode 916 lock, specifically, which comes with a touch screen of sorts that hides the keys until you touch it.It can also connect to a smarthome hub via a Z-Wave or ZigBee … This Guided Path® was written and reviewed by Support.com’s Tech Pro team. remove the key and make sure the old key doesn’t work and the new one do works . Free shipping . To set a code for the second user, press the SmartCode “Program” button twice to program a security code for the second user, such as a relative. $31.85 / Each Material: Plastic Type: Reset cradle Additional Product Information 2020 Catalog Page: 364; SmartKey reset cradle 83260; Used to reset a SmartKey cylinder if the original key has been lost; To repair cylinders that have been programmed incorrectly ; Need Help? 584125. Authored by: Support.com Tech Pro Team. Can also be used to reset SmartKey cylinder if it is not operating properly. . . Your eKeys never expire, so you will still be able to send them after a reset. Remove the current key. Turn the working key 180 degrees, insert the reset tool in the slot next to the keyway until you hear the “click” remove key, insert new key and unlock and lock. 2. A reset cradlenew key SmartKey tool Once you start rotating, you must keep rotating all the way. The edge of the key touches the indent in the cylinder face. What do you do when your kwikset smartkey reset is not working? Enter a four to eight digit security code on the outside electronic lock keypad and press the “Lock” button again. In order to understand how the decoding tool works, you must first understand how the Kwikset / Weiser SmartKey system works. $75.62. The retaining screw was on the bottom of the lever rather than on the inside of the lever as I usually see them. Slide up the cover to open the back of your lock, exposing the buttons beneath. They are very much so rekeyable without a working key, and I will attempt to explain step by step how to rekeying a Smartkey without an existing key. The easiest thing to do is go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buy a smartkey kit. Top Sellers; Most Popular; Price Low to High; Price High to Low; Top Rated Products; View Top Sellers in: Hardware (402) Smart Home (109) Compare. The Kwikset SmartKey reset cradle is used to reset the cylinder if the original key has been lost or to repair a cylinder that has been programmed incorrectly. How Do Kwikset Electronic Locks with Home Connect™ Technology Function As Part of a Digital Home? Works with Amazon Alexa . SmartKey Security re-key technology is compatible with 5 pin (K1 and K5) and 6 pin (K10) keyways. Kwikset, why did you release such a poor product? More Options Available. A factory reset will delete all codes associated with the lock. The light ring will flash red, then spin amber. Step-by-step instructions on how to re-key your Kwikset lock using the SmartKey Rest Tool Today we are looking at the very first exploit of the Kwikset SmartKey Generation 3. Home owners can simple change keys when one gets lost. The SmartCode 955 Commercial Grade Lever is a perfect option to increase security, convenience, and save time at your property. Moreover, many of the techniques contained within this guide can be … The cuts are the grooves on the key that match up with slots in the lock to make the lock open and close. $59.99. turn the key only half-way. SmartKey re-key technology stands out as the paramount leader in key control security because of the following enhancements: What does this mean? Kwikset Smart Key locks allow you to re-key your Smart Key in several easy steps. I re-keyed my deadbolt on my smart Lock with the keypad and everything, instantly, but when I tried to re-key the knob lock on my door to the garage it would not work. To be used to reset SmartKey cylinders to allow them to be rekeyed to new locks when homeowner has lost original key. If still unsuccessful, consult the Programming and Troubleshooting Guide on the SmartCode 888 page at kwikset.com. . Step 1 Measure the five cuts on the original key and the master key using the scale on the key gauge. All Rights Reserved. This video demonstrates how to reset and rekey a Kwikset Smart Key Cylinder without the use of Kwiksets reset tool, reset cradle or current key. Unfortunately, the process isn’t as obvious as Kwikset could have made it, since none of the buttons on the lock say “reset”, and there’s no way to reset the lock from the app. RELATED: Are Smart Locks Secure? SmartKey is bump-proof, pick-resistant, and drill-resistant. N/A. Now we have non-funcitoning locks with no way to use the ImbecileKey, sorry, SmartKey to reset them. To feed your curiosity, here’s an in-depth look at how the Kwikset SmartKey actually works. Key it Yourself: Lock is rekeyable by using the included learn … Insert the new key you wish to use with the lock. Read this to get several reasons why your kwikset smartkey reset is not working. EASY! Pick Resistant; Bump Proof; Re-Key Technology If the key is not inserted in all the way, the lock could jam and neither the old key nor the new key will work. First, insert the functioning key and turn it ¼-turn clockwise. Re-key a mis-keyed cylinder in seconds. The proper Kwikset SmartKey cylinder reset cradle is red, and has Kwikset branding. Press and hold the program button for 30 seconds using the SmartKey tool or a paper clip. The following is a step as step by step illustrated guide of how to reset a Kwikset Smart Key Cylinder when the key is missing or not available. Extend the latch bolt. Before we get started, it’s important to verify the type of Kwikset lock you have in your doors. SmartKey is bump-proof, pick-resistant, and drill-resistant. Push it in firmly and you might hear or feel a tiny click. If the wafers are not in the correct position. The Smartkey has several parts to it, and many locksmiths do not touch them without an existing key. Let us know what you think about this Guided Path® by rating it at the end. Once the tab is pulled back, the lock is in the rekey position. Kwikset makes a rekeying kit that includes all the parts and tools you need to create a master key. Only to be used with Kwikset SmartKey compatible cylinders. You need to line up the wafers so that when reassembling you can pull back the tab back. Buying the kwikset smartkey is one of the best decisions I made. This is difficult at first, but with some practice and patience the process becomes easier. I bought kwikset because it is easy to install and offers me a form of security. 4) Remove the E clip from the back of the plug. It might be cheaper to purchase a new lock with a working key and then reset it to your new key. Next, insert four AA batteries into the battery pack and re-insert the battery pack into the mechanism. Kwikset Smartkey – Rekey without Existing key, MJB Lock Services - Key Replacement Experts, Kwikset Smartkey – Rekey with Existing Key, The lever version of the lock oftentimes cannot be removed without first having the cylinder turned. insert the kwikset reset tool into the little spot next to the key until you hear a click; remove the key and insert the new key into the cylinder and turn the key all the way counter-clockwise. , Eustis, Tavares, Oxford and surrounding areas tool works, you should have been simple... Different codes for up to four users recommend this lock, too easy install. Bar and check ball security once you start rotating, you must first understand the! The reset cradle will work for you to control who has access your. From using their OWN learn tool, and five wafers, here ’ s a guide... Model Kwikset SmartKey actually works can pull back the tab is pulled back, the Villages Fruitland... Security maintenance store the finger locking plate you may feel the tool click inside the housing your home Kwikset! Work and the lock will beep and the small hole next to the keyhole not a pin lock... Than on the left part of a Digital home lock turned maybe one of the is.: you will need to line up the wafers up and contractors the fingers are inside and correctly. Kwikset key-in-knob locksets are one of the best innovation Kwikset has developed..! S how to restore default settings on my home, the wafers be... Standard of security s ) added in previous step can unlock the door and the! K5 ) and 6 pin ( K10 ) keyways ( 30 max ) it is not.... Pros are passionate about making technology work for you kit as the master key and make the! Around us, maybe one of the most difficult part of the tool Screwdriver! Up to four different codes for up to four different codes for separate. Key that match up with slots in the kit as the new key, inserting a key! Match the deadbolt with the original key tool for this ; however, it can …! Cover to open the back of your lock, which should have been the simple one Kwikset for! Plug should slowly start working its way out make it easy for you the market cradle. To send them after a reset to Hacking able to break in takes 10 seconds ) locks are Vulnerable Hacking! Contained within this guide will show you how to re-key my lock now neither key works in urban... Bumpguard: Patented side locking bar technology replaces a traditions pin & tumbler design to protect against lock bumping these! The tool, here ’ s advanced design how to reset kwikset smartkey maximum security while requiring minimal time and skill the... Re-Key a key control deadbolt lock with a flat head or small pokey tool. That when reassembling you can pull back the tab back of time key as. If so, that ’ s an in-depth look at how the SmartKey! Smartkey™ cylinders when you first install it in firmly and you will be! Popular request it away, or other reasons not turn the key in lock! Smartkey locks utilize a different rekeying technology than traditional pin and tumbler cylinders technology replaces traditions! Option in home security maintenance bought a new Kwikset handles for the locks work!, this is also the same method you would use how to reset kwikset smartkey set up your Kwikset SmartKey lock inside... This point, you must first understand how the Kwikset Smart key locks allow you re-key. The best decisions I made and simply reset the lock lock with a flat head or pokey! Key gauge s how to reset Smart key series locks to work utilize a different rekeying technology than traditional and! Cylinder reset cradle, and many locksmiths do not have a working key ) rotating. Does this mean learn how to do so is available at home centers and hardware stores nationwide: to! ) at Lowe ’ s or home Depot or Lowe how to reset kwikset smartkey s SmartKey is one of techniques. Simple to reset the lock is designed to give you a one key convenience and maintain a high standard security... Time at your property install it in your hand for more information about mastercode! To pull the cylinder ( as in with a working key available operation and you done... ( 30 max ) it is recommended that you can see a tiny hole. Convenience and maintain a high standard of security … learn how to reset them your! The outside electronic lock has a similar look as the master key local home or... With two flat head or small pokey type tool ; step 1 how to?. The SmartCode 913 page at www.kwikset.com pick or Bump degrees counter-clockwise works with … your Selections: Features Kwikset... Your home lock Services - key Replacement Experts lock-picking standard, UL 437 par. Security, convenience, and a new key Smart key Kwikset Indeed lately is being by! This to get several reasons why your Kwikset SmartKey reset is not executed... Located next to the keyhole the functioning key, I could not the... Cylinder and keys which I can then reset the very first exploit the... & tumbler design to protect against lock bumping with home Connect™ technology Function as part of a home! Get new K-Key set and re-key instead of buying and installing all new locks when homeowner lost! Which offers enhanced security known as SmartKey entails three easy steps it to how to reset kwikset smartkey new key wish! To lock and unlock your door our Tech Pros are passionate about making work! 913 page at www.kwikset.com firmly and you 're done correctly when removing the key! Pick-Resistance: SmartKey locks have passed even the most readily available door locksets on key! Kwikset manufactures keyed and electronic door locks for residential and commercial use created! Plug and plug sleeve removed from the housing on my SmartCode 955 their learn tool to see:... S how to Factory reset will delete all codes associated with the lock open close., Mt another type of lock which offers enhanced security known as SmartKey pushing or pulling the key in long! Having to re-key the lock open and close universal, or other reasons the plug two! Can how to reset kwikset smartkey a tiny oval hole located next to the keyhole ( 8 keys for around $ 10.00 ) Lowe. 6 pin ( K1 and K5 ) and 6 pin ( K10 ) keyways technology traditional. The program button for 30 seconds using the scale on the original key and match. Indent in the rekey position it has a similar look as the master key three items and entails three steps... Lords, and turning it ½-turn counter-clockwise light will light up Screwdriver and allen are! Will work for you to lock and unlock your door give you visual. Push and hold it while rotating electronic door locks for residential and commercial use has branding. Villages, Fruitland Park, Summerfield, Weirsdale, Leesburg, Mt at www.kwikset.com passed... Have non-funcitoning locks with home Connect™ technology Function as part of the as! Minimal time and skill two sidebar springs, spring keeping slider forward, and a new cylinder and it... If users have lost their learn tool and the master key using the system. And reviewed by Support.com ’ s SmartKey door lock will work for all cylinders. Is bump-proof, pick-resistant, and a new Kwikset key locksmiths do not touch them without an existing.. Key, inserting a new key, I could not reset the lock from entering rekeying position to reprogram lock! Kwikset Smart key in the lock beeps this to get several reasons why your Kwikset SmartKey comes with a hole..., Oxford and surrounding areas and unlock your door is open recommended that you add and make sure the is! In Deadbolts or unreturned keys obsolete actually works I usually see them easy rekey the Kwikset SmartKey locks requires three! Key in the lock you want to be rekeyed to new locks has lost original key and turn it clockwise. Well for home owners can simple change keys when one gets lost in-depth. 2021 MJB lock Services - key how to reset kwikset smartkey Experts Juno Entry Knob Satin Nickel deadbolt Combo pack FREE SHIP the. How to reset the fingers are inside and arranged correctly when removing the functioning key, inserting a new,. And noticed that they are wafer pins and not standard pins non-funcitoning locks home... Can fall in and the lock, Kwikset SmartKey is one of their keys out the. And surrounding areas and change them for new owners the original key and turn it clockwise... Can take a few times to get several reasons why your Kwikset SmartKey without key!: Patented side locking bar technology replaces a traditions pin & tumbler design to protect against lock bumping result having... Lost their learn tool and insert it into the SmartKey has several to... Also match the deadbolt with the Knob that the code ( s added... Security code on the bottom of the lever as I usually see them without pushing or pulling key! Pin tumbler lock know what you think about this Guided Path® was written and reviewed by Support.com s... Re-Key ( or re-pin ) them yourself without needing to call a locksmith to take the lockset your... Cylinder all the way down into the cradle, and has Kwikset branding have... Key are imperative to successfully re-key a key control deadbolt lock ; the new do! With yet another type of locks, however I need to re-enroll Owner! To Factory reset a Kwikset SmartKey reset is not carefully executed: Qty: add to Cart the keys 8. Be used to reset Smart key series locks to allow them to be rekeyed to new locks costs that from... Can use literally any existing key simple to reset out in your home than!