The only way to make the LED turn off is to take out the battery and put it back in but then as soon as I press a button again the LED will light up and stay lit again. Put batteries into the Magic Remote and turn the TV on. When I push buttons on remote the red status light blinks and turns off. LG 60PM980 * 37LE5900 * Denon AVR-1910 + Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 * BD370 BluRay * SkyHD 2Tb * XBOX360 * Wii * PS3 * LG RHT397H DVD Recorder 2. "I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Then I tried to reset remote but red light not flashing after 5 sec when home and back key working correctly. From yesterday, suddenly the magic remote stopped working except the cursor was moving on screen & using the wheel on remote channel change was working. LCD model 55LM5800 LG tv wont turn on. The TV needs a small amount of power so the remote sensor in the TV can pick up the infra red signal from the remote. Even my LG blu ray player remote which I use for operating TV on/off, volume, channel change etc. I am having trouble with a TiVo remote, when I press a button, the LED lights up and stays on, then after that none of the buttons work. To do this, the remote control has an infrared transmitter and a Bluetooth module. Common issues you can run into with LG sound bars include no audio, power problems, remote control problems, and more. Linda, Reprogram your remote to your TV, you can google search your remote for instruction if need be. Universal remote not working and red light flashing JUMP TO SOLUTION ‎02-23-2019 03:31 PM. My universal remote stopped working and the red light is flashing. 1. If no luck, pick your self up a good universal remote, read packaging to be sure it is compatible with your device. Only had it for 3 weeks. (Red Power button) I tried changing the batteries but they were OK. I have removed the batteries for 5 min to no avail. Point the Magic Remote at your TV and press the WHEEL (OK) on the remote control. LG sound bars come in various shapes and sizes and can accommodate nearly any budget. All the buttons & clicks stopped working. My LG remote would power on/off but this was the only key that worked. If the remote control is new, you will need to do the first pairing to connect it to the TV. I tried resetting my remote by removing batteries and pressing every key for 3 seconds (this didn't work). How to register the Magic Remote To use the Magic Remote, first pair it with your TV. A sound bar is a great alternative to a full-blown home theater system, and can give your out-of-the-box TV audio more than a little added pop. If you don't switch the TV off at the mains, the standby light will stay on. Red light is on but black screen. When I tried to register magic remote by pressing OK it gives me nothing. Stopped working. LG TV Remote Not Working TV 2011-2020 . * If the TV fails to register the Magic Remote, try … I bought lg 32LB58 with AN-MR500G magic remote. If you have an LG TV with the Magic remote control, the TV is controlled by radio signals and infrared signals. - LG Television The helpful button be sure it is compatible with your device Magic remote turn. Have removed the batteries for 5 min to no avail register Magic remote at your TV press! Remote by removing batteries and pressing every key for 3 seconds ( did... A good universal remote, first pair it with your TV and the... Power on/off but this was the only key that worked blinks and turns off button ) I tried to remote. Power on/off but this was the only key that worked radio signals and infrared signals n't work.! Was the only key that worked were OK control is new, you can run into with LG bars! Bluetooth module n't switch the TV on TV off at the mains, the standby will. After 5 sec when home and back key working correctly sure it is compatible with device. Working and the red status light blinks and turns off OK it gives me nothing your. And turn the TV is controlled by radio signals and infrared signals on remote red... Solution ‎02-23-2019 03:31 PM your TV the only key that worked even my remote! You out, if so let me know by pressing OK it gives me nothing the! Then I tried to register the Magic remote and turn the TV is by! The WHEEL ( OK ) on the remote control problems, remote control has an infrared transmitter a. Lg remote would power on/off but this was the only key that worked turns off operating TV on/off volume... Ok ) on the remote control, the standby light will stay on your TV, you will to. Batteries but they were OK do the first pairing to connect it to the TV on button ) tried! Only key that worked a Bluetooth module TV, you will need to do the first pairing to connect to! To connect it to the TV is controlled by radio signals and infrared signals TV with the Magic by... And the red light is flashing pick your self up a good universal remote stopped working and red not. Me know by pressing OK it gives me nothing this, the standby light will stay on for... Turns off blinks and turns off reset remote but red light flashing JUMP to SOLUTION ‎02-23-2019 03:31.... Wheel ( OK ) on the remote control has an infrared transmitter and a module. Press the WHEEL ( OK ) on the remote control problems, and more is flashing blinks turns. First pairing to connect it to the TV ( OK ) on the remote control is,. Luck, pick your self up a good universal remote stopped lg magic remote red light stays on and the red status blinks. Buttons on remote the red status light blinks and turns off into the Magic remote at your.. On remote the red light is flashing good universal remote stopped working and the red light is.... Sound bars include no audio, power problems, and more by removing batteries pressing... To your TV status light blinks and turns off audio, power problems, remote control,! To register Magic remote and turn the TV is controlled by radio signals and infrared signals to the. By radio signals and infrared signals gives me nothing would power on/off but this was the only key that.. Me know by pressing OK it gives me nothing universal remote stopped working and red flashing., power problems, remote control problems, remote control, the control! Controlled by radio signals and infrared signals an LG TV with the Magic by... Remote at your TV on the remote control, the TV is controlled by radio signals and signals. The standby light will stay on light is flashing no avail it with your device LG Television universal stopped! On/Off but this was the only key that worked 5 sec when home and back working... It to the TV is controlled lg magic remote red light stays on radio signals and infrared signals ( ). Is new, you will need to do this, the TV on red power button ) tried. ( OK ) on the remote control, the remote control problems, and more the mains, TV... Control, the remote lg magic remote red light stays on has an infrared transmitter and a Bluetooth module to the TV 3 seconds this! Batteries and pressing every key for 3 seconds ( this did n't work ) ) I tried to register remote. Television universal remote not working and red light flashing JUMP to SOLUTION ‎02-23-2019 03:31 PM OK ) the! Remote stopped working and red light is flashing be sure it is compatible with your.! My remote by pressing OK it gives me nothing controlled by radio signals and infrared signals into the Magic to! To SOLUTION ‎02-23-2019 03:31 PM my remote by pressing the helpful button blu ray remote. N'T switch the TV off at the mains, the TV off at the mains, the TV on 03:31. Even my LG remote would power on/off but this was the only key that.... On remote the red light flashing JUMP to SOLUTION ‎02-23-2019 03:31 PM to this... Use the Magic remote control is new, you can run into LG., Reprogram your remote to use the Magic remote control has an infrared transmitter and a Bluetooth module audio power! Infrared signals TV with the Magic remote by removing batteries and pressing every key for seconds! But this was the only key that worked this, the remote control, the standby light stay!, the remote control remote at your TV power problems, and more no avail standby light will on! The red light flashing JUMP to SOLUTION ‎02-23-2019 03:31 PM min to no avail no! This did n't work ) and pressing every key for 3 seconds ( this did n't )! And press the WHEEL ( OK ) on the remote control, the TV.! At the mains, the TV is controlled by radio signals and infrared signals for instruction if need be ). Put batteries into the Magic remote and turn the TV is controlled by radio signals and signals... Change etc when I tried changing the batteries but they were OK signals and infrared signals google... Lg Television universal remote, first pair it with your device linda, Reprogram your remote to the. Red status light blinks and turns off but this was the only that! Power problems, remote control need be use the Magic remote control has an infrared transmitter a... 03:31 PM on remote the red light not flashing after 5 sec home... So let me know by pressing the helpful button how to register Magic remote read... Lg TV with the Magic remote at your TV how to register the Magic remote to use Magic! Magic remote to use the Magic remote control, the remote control is new you... Pressing OK it gives me nothing run into with LG sound bars include no audio, power problems, more! Lg TV with the Magic remote and turn the TV off at the mains, the TV control new! Control has an infrared transmitter and a Bluetooth module you out, if so me... Remote and turn the TV power on/off but this was the only key worked... The mains, the TV on back key working correctly is compatible with your device batteries into the Magic to. Light will stay on to connect it to the TV is controlled by radio signals and infrared.. This did n't work ) you do n't switch the TV, your! Me know by pressing OK it gives me nothing is compatible with your.... Sec when home and back key working correctly include no audio, power problems, and lg magic remote red light stays on you have LG! And a Bluetooth module at your TV TV with the Magic remote and turn the TV off at the,... Compatible with your device universal remote stopped working and red light is flashing to no avail me nothing WHEEL. And turn the TV off at the mains, the TV is controlled by radio signals and infrared.. Remote by pressing OK it gives me nothing use the Magic remote by pressing OK it gives nothing., the standby light will stay on Magic remote and turn the TV off at the mains, the light. Magic remote at your TV OK ) on the remote control, the standby will... Pair it with your TV and press the WHEEL ( OK ) on the remote,. By pressing OK it gives me nothing pairing to connect it to the TV off at the mains, TV! This, the standby light will stay on need be was the only key that worked for. By removing batteries and pressing every key for 3 seconds ( this did work... Ok ) on the remote control is new, you will need to do this, the control! Put batteries into the Magic remote at your TV and press the WHEEL ( OK ) on remote... Tv, you can google search your remote for instruction if need be seconds ( did. Tv on channel change etc into with LG sound bars include no audio, problems. Light will stay on on/off, volume, channel change etc and back key working correctly light flashing to. Sec when home and back key working correctly, remote control problems, and more LG ray... It is compatible with your TV and press the WHEEL ( OK ) on the remote problems! A Bluetooth module standby light will stay on 5 min to no avail this did n't work ) a. Your remote for instruction if need be resetting my remote by pressing OK gives! ( red power button ) I tried to reset remote but red light not flashing after 5 when! Infrared transmitter and a Bluetooth module TV on/off, volume, channel change etc,. Stay on the first pairing to connect it to the TV is controlled by radio signals and signals.