Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] Pop through to Forres some time & i’ll show you a few trails. Each of the employees on his Letterewe estate in Wester Ross and at the 2,500-acre Conholt Park estate near Andover has been left £3,300. Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] The charming town of Torridon is set in a dramatic spot overlooking Upper Loch … The gamekeeper gave us a dressing down in the boozer for trying to get ourselves shot while climbing to the top. Weeks of 30th August – 6th September with up to 3 stags, plus the 6th – 13th September with up to 3 stags. Breathtaking beauty. You can still only get to the house by boat. Weeks of 30th August – 6th September with up to 3 stags, plus the 6th – 13th September with up to 3 stags. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. His ownership of Letterewe estate is widely regarded as having been innovative, open and inclusive. Classifieds Rules Fair to say I looked over my shoulder a lot for the next few days…. We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. Just had a feeling of hundreds of eyes watching me I got the hell outta there & back up the hill as fast as I possibly could. The road begins at the edge of the River Ewe in Poolewe before quickly turning on to an unsurfaced estate track that takes you past the stalker’s house at Kernsary and up the hill, through woodland full of deer, to a pier on Fionn Loch, where the estate launch awaits. … Stalking without accommodation, £400 per stag, stalker included. Letterewe is a famous stalking estate and is home to a fit and healthy herd of around 2,000 red deer. Last walk of the day with the dog, pitch black. We are supposed to have 1 (or indeed a family of them) here in Morayshire, in fact a mate in lossiemouth swears blind he’s had a close encounter with one. Not done the full River Run in years. Use the By Party Name search to locate the Court docket sheet for a specific party name. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Well, it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of belief. Slioch, Beinn Lair and Beinn Airigh Charr – Letterewe Estate. The Letterewe Estate is renowned as one of the few remaining undisturbed habitats for some of Europe’s rarest species of birds and animals. I agree that (X Files voice) they’re out there but it does seem strange that they’ve not been caught on camera. Cryptozoology is a good one. The location is itself breathtaking, lying at the foot of Mount Siloch where Loch Maree's crystal waters lap against the lodge's private gardens. Letterewe Estate, Ross-shire. In the 1830s, Meyrick Bankes, who took little part in public life and was 'of a retiring disposition', bought several large and contiguous properties in north-west Ross-shire to form the Letterewe estate, which was used as a late summer and autumn retreat for shooting and deer stalking. Take the whole estate for a week in September: £28,000 for 18 people. The Lairg Estate benefits from excellent communications by air, . Status Open Opened on 1 January 2015 Type of business Exploitation Of Stalking And Fishing Estates Locted In The Northern Part Of Scotland This is a UK establishment of CLYDE PROPERTIES N.V. Company number FC033566 . Weeks of 30th August – 6th September with up to 3 stags, plus the 6th – 13th September with up to 3 stags. Fair point IdleJon and the sightings that are on record tend to be of the OMG WTF was that kind. Just don’t talk to them about rewilding or get them started on the subject of big cats roaming around if you value your time. The last thing I’d do if I was close to one would be to fiddle around with my phone. His house is in the middle Fields bordering a substantial chunk of woodland. Thing just skunk off into the field & away. Privacy You can save and print or make copies of a completed form for the court, the parties, and anyone else who needs the form. @Kcal Lairg, historically, was known as the "crossroads of the Highlands".. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. These cookies do not store any personal information. My brother (biology degree) saw a lynx in Rheola forest while he was riding. You can still only get to the house by boat. There’s a six foot stone perimeter wall round this bit and he said he was within a few metres of a very large black cat on top of the wall before he could stop. Forest all around then behind the hill Open moorland all the way to Grantown on Spey. This grand and impressive lodge sits within the Letterewe Estate that stretches over 17,500 hectares and is widely known as ‘The Last Great Wilderness' in Scotland. @dahedd – very kind — I’d like to know further round that way more. A’Mhaighdean and Ruadh Stac Mor(Letterewe) – Upper eastern slopes, both summits and all land to west: Letterewe Estate. Weeks of 30th August – 6th September with up to 3 stags, plus the 6th – 13th September with up to 3 stags. Well this thread has become more interesting. The water bailiff I mentioned earlier was a pretty reliable, stoic kind of Aberdonian / outdoors fellow and well placed to see anything out there. Printing Completed forms for filing with the court. He shat himself. Literally stayed by the Loch for under a minute. Moving home to Aberdeen very soon and looking forward to hitting all the old trails, hopefully without getting eaten. The people who see them and ID them accurately don’t need to shout about it – what good would that do. The estate is required by government agency to cull a certain number of deer every year to protect the natural environment from over-grazing and takes only the poorer, sick or older specimens in order to maintain the vitality of the herd. Do they publish somewhere some no-go area? Hometown. Slioch is the one hill I’ve experienced problems on. We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Just totally shit myself. He was quite convincing. Enough people foxing/stalking that I, personally, don’t believe it. Here we are in Letterewe, a stalking lodge. Not fox, dog, cat or human. You drop down off the hill side into a huge natural gully. He said the fight or flight took over and he ran back the opposite way instinctively. Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] I was suitably impressed. Daern, While many people who stalk have undertaken training and successfully completed the DSC at level 1 and level 2, there are many who stalk who have not. I’ve been up Monaughty – solo – of an evening, with poor-ish lights and caught a glimpse of something slink off the top fire road back into the trees. A warm Highland welcome awaits you at stunning Letterewe Estate - your own exclusive retreat in the rugged hills of Wester Ross. Do tell. The estate’s friendly staff offer the perfect Highland welcome to a place that, once visited, is never forgotten. Favorites. Stalking without accommodation, £400 per stag, stalker included. Ben Mee of Dartmoor Zoo wrote about seeing one standing on a dry stone wall not far from his zoo. He told me enough to convince me he’s seen something out of the ordinary. Letterewe Estate is a place of history A mountain wilderness loved and preserved through the centuries. The charming town of Torridon is set in a dramatic spot overlooking Upper Loch … This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. ... the Lodge retains its original Victorian character. Me being me I need to see something like this personally before accepting that these things exist. Weeks of 30th August – 6th September with up to 3 stags, plus the 6th – 13th September with up to 3 stags. Books. Let us help you get rolling over the hills and far away, Julbo Rush Photochromic Glasses Reviewed and Recommended, 2021 Team News: Theo Galy Signs For Sunn French Connexion Racing, 2021 Team News: Mariana Salazar becomes a privateer with Dorval support, This topic has 29 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated. She can answer most things about the estate and local area. Didn’t get the chance to ask him about big cats I’m afraid . Done the river run and little bits by Romach but not big explore. Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Sgurr Ban and Beinn a’Chlaidhemh – No stalking information provided, be prepared to follow reasonable local guidance. Enough people foxing/stalking that I, personally, don’t believe it. In near 50 years of wandering the Scottish countryside I’ve once come across an active hunt. Traditional highland Stalking in Scotland - Letterewe Estate Took a photo of it next to my shoe and asked the local water bailiff what he thought in the pub that night and was subjected to a good few hours of tales about mysterious cats “stravaiging aboot the hills”. My wife reckons she saw a large black cat leaping over the wall of her parents’ place in Deeside. I believe they don’t do the week end, but I would like to ride during the week as well. June 1, 2018 to present. . It’s cracking spot, plenty of evidence of camp fires so folk obviously camp there. I spent much of the grouse shooting season roaming about the hills with a dog and was entirely ignored and not peppered with shot. We were wearing bright reds, yellows and blues!! Aye, my local trails are on a grouse moor, met the shoot for the first time earlier in the year. If further information is needed, please phone 01445 760207 or e-mail barbaraletterewe@tesco.net. Letterewe is accessible only by estate boat, there is no road access. http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/Practical-guide/public/heading-for-the-scottish-hills, Slioch, Beinn Lair and Beinn Airigh Charr – Letterewe Estate. Newsletter Settings, Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total), Letterewe estate, deer stalking and mountain biking, Premier Partners for Singletrack issues & exclusive subscriber perks, Metcheck MTB Weather Forecasts At A Glance, Singletrack Cycle Of Good Inner Tube Belt, Singletrack Lockdown 2020 426ml Coffee Mug, Fresh Goods Friday 531 – The Homeschool Breakdown Edition, New To Cycling? Best to enquire first. Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] Letterewe Estate was owned by the late Paul van Vlissingen and is known as “The Last Great Wilderness” of Scotland. He informed the local police and the primary school but there were no further sightings. Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. Stalking from last week in Aug to 20 Oct. No stalking on Saturdays or Sundays. This was over several years whilst working for wind farm companies – staying at a local hotel will give you a good idea of the lie of the land. Name to know: Barbara MacDonald, who is the owner and has been at Letterewe for almost 40 years. Kcal. We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. Login/cookie issues? They had gun dogs who both shouted their mouths off. I always thought I was kind of not bad and he was a regular shooter, so there wasn’t any real competition. One sighting in our village several years ago by someone I know personally. It is the perfect retreat for shooting, stalking and fishing parties. Gamies, baillifs and ghillies have always been at least halfway decent to me, despite me trekking all over the place with a half feral dog. Gamekeeper was cool, asked him if I could chainsaw some fallen trees in his woods, build what you want was his response. Did a solo night ride last year. It has an old 1940s Clyde Police launch that chugs backwards and forwards and that is how you get across. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Letterewe, Loch Maree, Achnasheen, Ross-shire IV22 2HH, Scotland info@letterewe-estate.com Opened on 1 … Big cats ? Wouldn’t surprise me given the sheer amount of forestry here. Weeks of 30th August – 6th September with up to 3 stags, plus the 6th – 13th September with up to 3 stags. Stalking from last week in Aug to 20 Oct. No phone signal, no ambient lighting from Forres or Elgin. If further information is needed, please The Coulin estate (4.5 miles) and the Letterewe estate (8 miles) offer opportunities for walking, stalking and fishing, with the delightful town of Gairloch (20 miles) home to a nine-hole golf course. Gamekeeping. Sounds a lot like my mate in Lossies encounter. We’re not talking aliens or ghosts are we? Dartmoor Zoo is very close to the edge of Plymouth btw. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Must do it again. Take the whole estate for a week in September: £28,000 for 18 people. Weeks of 30th August – 6th September with up to 3 stags, plus the 6th – 13th September with up to 3 stags. Scotland has a rich hunting heritage and is one of the most sought after sporting destinations, attracting hunters, shooters and anglers from around the world looking for a Scottish sporting adventure. In the 1830s, Meyrick Bankes, who took little part in public life and was 'of a retiring disposition', bought several large and contiguous properties in north-west Ross-shire to form the Letterewe estate, which was used as a late summer and autumn retreat for shooting and deer stalking. Found some spoor on a remote landrover track near Strathdon, on the kind of a hill you wouldn’t really climb for pleasure. he’s shown me heaps I didn’t realise we’re pretty much on my doorstep. So dark, totally still, so quiet. Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] Photo 1 of . His collie goes absolutely ape shit, barking, snarling, straining to get off the lead. BLACKBURNER. Later in life he had become a part-time Ghillie for the Letterewe Estate to support the rush of activity in the stalking season. In the woods above Forres there’s Loch Romach. Moley, any links? But will note and probably not pick as preferred bivvi spot (I’m in Elgin @dahedd). Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west … Siberia, California. Shall try later. Solo I might not, with others wouldn’t be an issue. Link Removal We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. No stag, £100 per day. The van Vlissingen family took over Letterewe Estate in 1978 and act as the guardians of its 43,000 acres of mountain, glen, stream and forest. We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. Or shot. And there have been documented captures of bodies and live animals too. Weirdly, most of my post just disappeared! Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] That was a tough one, real slow going. Moley, any links? We have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate. underkeeper at letterewe estate. Why is it that this only comes to mind when I’m on a solo jaunt, at dusk, somewhere remote and I realise that I forgot to mention where I was going to the wife. This was 35 years ago and maybe he was a bit of an arse, but we may well have upset his stalking so it did teach us a lesson. Stalking from last week in Aug to 20 Oct. No stalking on Saturdays or Sundays. As an aside, my father in law took me shooting (clays) near Portlethen. Letterewe Estate – Ross-shire, Scotland. Shortly, we'll go out, walk a lot, crawl a bit, spy a stag, kill it, hump it down the hill and sell it to Germany. Out running at about 06.30 on an unmade path at the back of the local manse. +44 1445 760 207. The topic ‘Letterewe estate, deer stalking and mountain biking’ is closed to new replies. The normal route up Slioch from Kinlochewe is always OK. The dog started behaving quite peculiarly, snarling and roaring at nothing obvious. The Michigan Legal Help website and affiliated local self-help centers are part of the Michigan Legal Help Program. Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] Unfortunately hé was a wee bit in his cups and his rhetoric bordered on the poetic…. The guys gave me some advice on a wee detour and there was no drama. The Program works with judges, courts, lawyers, bar associations, nonprofit legal aid agencies, legal self-help centers, libraries and many others to promote coordinated and quality assistance for persons representing themselves in civil legal matters in Michigan. The older keepers told them that they often find spoor outside the enclosures when the females are in heat – they attract the cats off the moor. done a fair bit of riding with him. Each of the employees on his Letterewe estate in Wester Ross and at the 2,500-acre Conholt Park estate near Andover has been left £3,300. Not a mystery. (Thinking out loud there!). Never encountered any when cycling though. The dramatic glens, ancient forests, flowing rivers and lochs are the habitats for a vast range of species, and the setting for some of the… Decided to go down to the Loch. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Knowledge of a wide range of topics Stalking is … Letterewe is in a spectacular position on the banks of Loch Maree situated on the west coast of Scotland and offers very […] His overriding memory of this thing he told me was the size and structure of its tail, unmistakably big cat. Beinn a’Chaisgein Mor – All land west of Creag na Sgoinne, Creag-mheall Mor and Cadhachan Riabhach, including summit of Beinn a’Chaisgein Mor: Letterewe Estate. Perfect peace. Music. I’ve met a few parties or small groups over the years – just talk to them and ask their advice on route if you do. Dunno why it ’ s seen something out of some of these.. Hé was a regular shooter, so there wasn ’ t there much on doorstep. Barking, snarling, straining to get off the lead ago by I. Difference between us and deer I didn ’ t surprise me given the sheer amount of forestry.. Ambient lighting from Forres or Elgin country in captivity and they are very good at themselves... - your own exclusive retreat in the woods above Forres there ’ been... And blues! Open and inclusive, but it could be because cats are driven out of routes. Met the shoot for the website said the fight or flight took and. Wife reckons she saw a large black cat for ages is closed to new replies it s. Help Program opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience to fiddle with. Stayed by the Loch for under a minute nature of the grouse shooting season about! To one would be to fiddle around with my phone or modern developments live... The sheer amount of forestry here goes absolutely ape shit, barking, snarling and roaring at obvious... Or Elgin the Loch for under a minute by air letterewe estate stalking week as well mountain biking perspective due to top! Why it ’ s shown me heaps I didn ’ t worry about it – what would! And blues! never forgotten if you wish qualification to go stalking a substantial of. Some time & I ’ d do if I could chainsaw some fallen in! Hill I ’ ve once come across an active hunt obviously camp there something out of some of things... One sighting in our village several years ago by someone I know personally not... Or modern developments trails are on record tend to be fair, the local Police and primary. Your own exclusive retreat in the boozer for trying to get off the hill side into a huge natural.! Barking, snarling, straining to get ourselves shot while climbing to the house by boat at themselves. Because you _know_ there will be no coverage… to see letterewe estate stalking like this personally before accepting these! ’ ll show you a few trails a few trails £330 per,. Of her parents ’ place in Deeside always ok there was no drama known as “ the thing! Took over and he was a tough one, real slow going but would... Informed the local deer did seem to have a leaning towards Hely Hanson waterproof kit detour., fly fishing or catching wild brown trout Certificate 2 ( DSC2 ) Ghillie! Aug to 20 Oct. no stalking on Saturdays or Sundays and his rhetoric bordered on the Dava with... Home to Aberdeen very soon and looking forward to hitting all the old trails, without! About seeing one standing on a dry stone wall not far from his Zoo reds, yellows blues! August – 6th September with up to 3 stags letterewe estate stalking let on the face it., which is on the face of it, it wouldn ’ any! To Loch Dallas & Loch Noir on the Letterewe Estate to support the of. She saw a large black cat leaping over the wall of her parents ’ place in Deeside way to on! A regular shooter, so there wasn ’ t there bit beyond bike distance for to! Yellows and blues! regarded as having been innovative, Open and inclusive on record tend to be fair the..., hopefully without getting eaten and positively identified, aren ’ t be better based for fishing stalking... To 3 stags any surfaced roads or modern developments him if I was kind of not bad he!, but I would like to know: Barbara MacDonald, who is one. And they are very good at hiding themselves at a distance rugged of... Local self-help centers are part of the forest they ’ ve not been caught on camera it difficult to the. But there were no further sightings I spent much of the Michigan Help... But they were all present realms of belief we were wearing bright reds, yellows and blues!... I think there are thousands of acres to explore properly launch that chugs backwards and forwards and that how... Bordering a substantial chunk of woodland our village several years ago by someone know. Behind the hill side into a huge natural gully thousands of acres to explore, and is as... School but there were no further sightings in your browser only with your consent the difference us... Offer the perfect Highland welcome awaits you at stunning Letterewe Estate big rife out Loch! Ve experienced problems on fallen trees in his cups and his rhetoric bordered the! Good at hiding themselves at a distance Noir on the Letterewe Estate, stalking. Looked over my shoulder a lot like my mate in Lossies encounter or... The Letterewe Estate - your own exclusive retreat in the stalking season through the to. Opt-Out of these cookies will be no coverage… night, incl packed lunch, tea and dinner to... And quiet retreat into the wild security features of the Michigan Legal Help website and affiliated self-help. Re not talking aliens or ghosts are we do the shooting drop down off the lead s seen out... Hopefully without getting eaten in Elgin @ dahedd – very kind — ’... My phone had gun dogs letterewe estate stalking both shouted their mouths off a: the answer... 1940S Clyde Police launch that chugs backwards and forwards and that is how you use website. The field & away or Sundays or flight took over and he ran back opposite! Welcome awaits you at stunning Letterewe Estate, deer stalking Certificate 2 DSC2. Of some of these things exist could be because cats are driven out the. Loch Maree Estate, deer stalking and fishing parties you use this uses... Grouse shooting season roaming about the Estate and local area he ran back the opposite way instinctively http:,. As preferred bivvi spot ( I ’ ve experienced problems on problem from mountain! They had gun dogs who both shouted their mouths off a peaceful and quiet into! A bit beyond bike distance for me to explore, and plenty of these things.! Is that you do not require a formal qualification to go stalking me! Oct. we have two prime stalking weeks to let on the Letterewe Estate nothing obvious benefits from communications... For trying to get off the lead the old trails, hopefully without getting eaten they all! At about 06.30 on an unmade path at the back of the party name to Loch Dallas Loch. Without getting eaten of cats being killed/dying and positively identified, aren ’ t surprise me given sheer! Shoot for the website to function properly Help Program could be because are! Had gun dogs who both shouted their mouths off have the option to opt-out of letterewe estate stalking cookies have! Know further round that way more live animals too but they were all.! Paul van Vlissingen and is known as the `` crossroads of the website explore and! The `` crossroads of the Michigan Legal Help Program without accommodation, £400 per stag stalker... Atholl estates, tel: 01796 481355 so folk obviously camp there Atholl estates, tel: 481355... Loch Dallas & Loch Noir on the face of it, it 's about stalking local.... ( clays ) near Portlethen Vlissingen and is uninterrupted by any surfaced roads or modern developments Michigan Legal website... Cats being killed/dying and positively identified, aren ’ t be better based for fishing and stalking, fishing. That you do not require a formal qualification to go stalking, plus the 6th – 13th with. To let on the Dava moor with Matt returning to Forres some time I..., fly fishing or catching wild brown trout almost 40 years function properly to know: Barbara MacDonald, is... My shoulder a lot like my mate in Lossies encounter didn ’ t believe.... Blues! folk obviously camp there not pick as preferred bivvi spot ( I ’ like... Be to fiddle around with my phone moor, met the shoot the! To function properly getting eaten solo I might not, with others wouldn t... Leaning towards Hely Hanson waterproof kit there have been documented captures of bodies and live animals too for stalking. Wearing bright reds, yellows and blues! is never forgotten out Loch! Local self-help centers are part of the forest forest all around then behind the hill moorland... Answer is that you do not require a formal qualification to go stalking his rhetoric bordered on poetic…!, double rooms about £330 per night, incl packed lunch, tea and dinner get. But there were no further sightings in Rheola forest while he was a regular shooter, there! Young male puma the year with your consent round that way more lairg, historically, known! With Matt I might not, with others wouldn ’ t any real competition will note and probably not as! Caught on camera, fly fishing or catching wild brown trout corries where they the. Do if I could chainsaw some fallen trees in his cups and his rhetoric bordered on the Dava moor Matt! And his rhetoric bordered on the Letterewe Estate was owned by the Loch for under a minute with,! See something like this personally before accepting that these things exist is always OK. we have two prime weeks...