"The formula contains glycolic acid, which helps with the removal of superficial layers of the skin and improves skin texture," explains Dr. Carter-Snell. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Unlock premium answers by supporting wikiHow. FAAD Board Certified Dermatologist. Premature aging is largely due to neglect or absence of skin care. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. The skin on the face is more sensitive than the thicker skin on the hand, which also makes it ineffective to use a face lotion on your hand and body. "I'm new to reading your tips, but this helped to learn something important about how to take care of yourself, "My moisturizing needs have changed due to being in my 50s now. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. It can, nevertheless, get quite costly — for your wallet and the environment. Always buy unscented and odorless lotions. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Should I Use It on Face? Never wash your face with hot water because it strips skin of its moisture and natural oils. Use moisturizer with SPF 30 to protect your face and body during the day. L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Smooth & Glow Face Scrub Nov 28, 2006 #1 i'm wondering cause they have similar textures. How often should I use a facial moisturizer? You should moisturize at least once a day, but I would recommend twice a day to keep your skin looking nice and fresh. This is especially important when you're apply a daytime moisturizer with SPF, which will help protect these areas from sun damage. Depending on how dry your skin feels, you can be more liberal with the amount of product you apply. References Preparing a yogurt moisturizer takes only a few minutes and requires ingredients you likely already have in … Can You Use Body Butter on Your Face? 26 March 2020. This preparation can be used on the face, neck, and other areas of the body. If you have dry and dull skin, the Nivea Soft Light Moisturizer can be a perfect choice under budget. Please consider making a contribution to wikiHow today. There are 30 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. It absorbs … This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Moisturizer is especially important if you're using an acne medication that contains drying ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Body lotion tends to address concerns like firming, cellulite, or spider veins, according to cosmetic chemist Ginger King. Apply these at night before bed since they tend to be greasy. If body lotion was suitable to be used on a face, nobody would bother to buy facial moisturizer as it cost a lot more. Body lotions are formulated to firm the skin, reduce the appearance of cellulite, and even to lighten spider veins. Facial moisturizers are especially formulated for the face. Those glands are responsible for producing oil, the amount of which can be dependent upon hormone changes and environmental conditions. Lots of body creams and lotions have lanolin and other moisturizers that wouldn't do well on facial skin or just need a light touch. How long should I wait before I put on clothes for my body to observe moisturizer? (It is used in very low concentrations.) So it is better to avoid body moisturizers on your face anytime. This article was co-authored by Mohiba Tareen, MD. Can body lotion be used as hair moisturizer? Every day at wikiHow, we work hard to give you access to instructions and information that will help you live a better life, whether it's keeping you safer, healthier, or improving your well-being. Other ways to use olive oil on the skin include: Moisturizer and after-sun treatment wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Nivea men maximum hydration nourishing lotion is not greasy and can be applied on oily skin. Support wikiHow by Finally, if you spend time outdoors and want to protect your skin from ultraviolet rays, pick a moisturizer that also contains sun protection through SPF content. Face creams usually contain more specialized — and expensive — active ingredients that cater to delicate skin. If you do have sensitive skin, I can see why using baby lotion would be appealing to you, but for someone with dry skin and who’s used to using products that are super hydrating, it just didn’t cut it for me. Using a facial moisturizer for men should be part of your skin care routine. Did you know you can read premium answers for this article? In that case, here begs the question: can face and body sunscreens be used interchangeably? In theory, it’s a nice idea to use three different face creams every night à la Demi Moore or to consistently employ a multistep process to ensure you’re factoring in every tool, serum, and lotion necessary to make you look your glowing best. All CeraVe face cream and face lotion products are formulated with ceramides to help restore the skin’s barrier, which helps your skin to retain moisture and keep irritants out. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. So, many of them can be used interchangeably on any part of your body, including your eyelids. Applying moisturizer to damp skin helps trap more water in your skin. Our Favorite Face Scrubs. Using body lotion on your face every so often won’t kill you. I have a water softening system and I apply oil free moisturizer but I break out. Ad Choices, Why You Shouldn’t Use Body Moisturizer on Your Face, According to Experts. ‘The face is more prone to acne than the body, it’s going to have more sun damage, and eventually it could be an extra-dry area.’ He adds that your eyelids need a separate product. Water-based moisturizers never feel greasy. It kills the abnormal skin cells and normal skin grows back. I really dont thnik so..the ingredients the thickness and the oil-factor is NOT similar for body and skin products so its a huge NO NO! (And even among body parts, there’s variation.) "Have respect for your product and your skin." Board-certified New York City dermatologist Shari Lipner tells Allure that the skin on your face is thinner than the rest of your body, with the periorbital skin around your eyes among the thinnest. Use on body and face. But while it may seem that they are nearly identical, save for marketing and costs (the former is typically priced a lot higher than the latter), there are reasons you shouldn’t use a body lotion from head to toe. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. How do you apply moisturizer on an oily face after washing? Can I wash my face with water and soap after letting the moisturizer sit for 30 minutes or more? If you do have sensitive skin, I can see why using baby lotion would be appealing to you, but for someone with dry skin and who’s used to using products that are super hydrating, it just didn’t cut it for me. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Pay specific attention to the driest parts of your body like your elbows, knees, and feet. Store in glass jar or bottle. King says body formulas are usually heavier than face moisturizers, with thicker emollients to "protect and hydrate." wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If the lip balm makes your lips tingle or feels uncomfortable, you may want to try something else on the sensitive lip area. For daytime, you can apply your usual SPF moisturizer around your eyes. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Consider … Aloe kills the bacteria that causes acne, lightens the appearance of age spots and blemishes AND it plumps up skin to hide wrinkles. Amid the current public health and economic crises, when the world is shifting dramatically and we are all learning and adapting to changes in daily life, people need wikiHow more than ever. ", And before you reach for your hand cream instead, keep in mind that most of those options will be just as bad — if not worse — for your face. But if you do, your moisturizer should have the right ingredients—and as few of the wrong ones as possible. Here are the two reasons why you shouldn’t use conditioner as lotion: Conditioners contain higher concentrations of certain ingredients that are not deemed as safe for use on skin Conditioners often contain comedogenic ingredients like coconut oil and jojoba oil Fluorouracil is a topical cream used to treat simple skin cancers and solar keratosis caused by the sun. unlocking this staff-researched answer. Perfumed lotions can easily cause infections, but unscented ones are comparatively safer. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-11-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-11-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/98\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-11-Version-4.jpg\/aid1635990-v4-728px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-11-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. I combine it with some essential oil to cleanse my face at night. Neither should body lotion but used as a hand cream. One that's nearly universally praised though is cerave. So no, you should not wash your face after putting moisturizer on unless you absolutely need to. Garnier's moisturizer offers triple the benefits. "When it comes to skin care or makeup, please follow directions just as you would with any prescriptions," King says. But many people also use the products on parts of the body where it may not work, such as the face. Nov 28, 2006 #2 I just finished reading Andre Walker hair book. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. © 2021 Condé Nast. You might be wondering whether or not you can use your sunscreen as a moisturizer. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Applying a moisturizer with them every day help your skin support these medications. 8 thoughts on “ Can I Use Body Lotion on Face: Ask IMBB ” neha says: December 9, 2012 at 9:48 am no! The face must be protected more than anything else and, yes, it is different (although, like I said, it can be used lightly around the eyes) it must contain SPF. ". Depending on your skin’s tendencies and the season, it may be best to use a combination of Body Lotion and Oil. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. If you're acne-prone, avoid moisturizers that contain pore-clogging ingredients like petroleum jelly, cocoa butter, and coconut oil. There’s something to be said for a simple, efficient skin-care routine. Here's why you should never put hand cream on your face and why you need a separate face cream. I absolutely love all the body lotions from Parachute! Moisturizer protects your skin from the elements and keeps it hydrated so it looks and feels healthy. Lupin explains that while many moisturizers can be used on most of your body, you should invest in a couple of specialty creams, including a facial product. Now, see how skin care has evolved within the last 100 years: You can follow Allure on Instagram and Twitter, or subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on all things beauty. This lotion is specially formulated for sensitive and dry skin so much so that the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion can also be used for infants with sensitive skin and rashes. For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avfXA. After your shower, moisturize every inch but do your face first so residues from body lotions, which likely aren’t anti-acnegenic, don’t get on your face and encourage a breakout. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Plus, she adds, "most body products do not have sun protection," crucial for any skin that’s exposed to the sun as much as your face. Last Updated: September 4, 2020 Young children don't need it, but when you're at least 12 you can start wearing moisturizer, as sometimes skin gets drier with age. This is because a moisturizer is useful when your skin feels dry and during winter time. Anyone with half a brain knows this. Face lotion is lighter than hand and body lotion. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Thanks to all the options, you might decide to forget about the moisturizer and just apply sunscreen instead. Most Popular. Myth: You need different moisturizers for different body parts. This pushes some people towards products that may be less expensive but can be risky when improperly used. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. When your skin is dry, your body produces more oil. When you apply a moisturizer to your face, it keeps your skin hydrated, supple, and elastic. Moisturizer protects your skin from the elements and keeps it hydrated so it looks and feels healthy. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. Use what you’ve got in your kitchen. Also, damp skin absorbs products better. It would also not be wise to use body butter on your face if you have a very oily skin type. As long as the sunscreen isn’t like tinted moisturiser, I’ll use it on my body. Noncomedogenic is a term used to describe skin care and makeup products that are formulated in such a way that they are not likely to clog pores or cause breakouts. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. "Thick moisturizers can irritate and exacerbate the disease. Body lotion isn’t rich enough. 8 Best Products To Get Rid Of Whiteheads. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Thread starter caribeandiva; Start date Nov 28, 2006; caribeandiva Human being. For tips from our Medical reviewer on how to select the right moisturizer, keep reading! "Body moisturizer needs to spread to cover the full body. Dr. Tareen completed medical school at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where she was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. With a concentrated product like hand cream, it may cause even worse breakouts.". Suitable to use on your face and body, La Roche-Posay’s heavy-duty cream utilizes shea butter, glycerin, and niacinamide (a B vitamin that reduces redness) for a soothing moisturizer … Plus, it's more frequently exposed to the elements, particularly the sun and its harmful UV rays, adding yet another variable. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This Nivea cream contains both vitamin E and jojoba oil. If you have very sensitive skin, you would probably not use body butter on your face. BODY LOTION STEP #4: Repeat the above steps as needed to cover your entire body in lotion or moisturizer. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/95\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-12-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-12-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/95\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-12-Version-4.jpg\/aid1635990-v4-728px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-12-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 330,168 times. Can moisturizer help with acne covered, oily skin? But you may not want to make it a habit. As you use fluorouracil, the area of skin you are treating will become red, itchy, swollen and sore. When I moisturize my body I feel that the moisturizer sticks to my clothes or sheets rather than hydrating my skin. When it comes to skincare, it can be tempting to cut corners. Vaseline, or petroleum jelly, is a good, cost-effective moisturizer for dry skin on the body. "Hand creams, in general, are thicker than body moisturizer because it’s specific to the hands and not supposed to glide off," King says. Your thin, gland-abundant face is far more sensitive and fickle than your body. I felt much better after I finished my work. Fact: Actually, this one is true. Moisturizers for your face are formulated to reduce pore sizes, fight acne, reduce sebum production, minimize wrinkles, even your skin tone, and much more. However, if any of these areas are oily, avoid putting moisturizer on them. It is excellent for the skin. Aloe vera is a moisturizer that can be used for acne prone, sensitive, and dry skin. The downsides are even greater for the especially thin and sensitive skin around your eyes. Under normal circumstances, it is safe to use body butter on your face to moisturize it. Body moisturizer is one of the most widely used skin care products. Face lotion is lighter than hand and body lotion. ", "Thanks, now I know how to apply moisturizer. Your support helps wikiHow to create more in-depth illustrated articles and videos and to share our trusted brand of instructional content with millions of people all over the world. To learn the logic behind the two-product moisturizing system, I asked a dermatologist and a cosmetic chemist for their input. However, skin maintenance can be costly. If you aren’t a fan of lubes or do not want to purchase them for personal reasons, you can still use lotion, but there are things you should remember. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Typically, you need to apply different types of moisturizer for your face and body since the skin on your face is a lot more sensitive. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/52\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-10-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-10-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/52\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-10-Version-4.jpg\/aid1635990-v4-728px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-10-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. They have day moisturizer with SPF and a great nighttime moisturizer as well, but people swear by the body cream in the tub, use it for everything. Before applying moisturizer, wash your face or body to not only clean your skin but also to allow it to properly absorb the cream. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Journal archive from the U.S. National Institutes of Health, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0c\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-15-Version-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-15-Version-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0c\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-15-Version-4.jpg\/aid1635990-v4-728px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-15-Version-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air and keep your skin hydrated. The Surprising Connection Between Vitamin A Intake and Skin Cancer, 7 Reasons Your Skin Has Red Spots and Bumps. But many people also use the products on parts of the body where it may not work, such as the face. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. "In skin care there are things like licorice extract that can cost $19,000 per kilogram,” King says. Olive oil is a natural product that can be used on any part of your body, and its effects may be comparable to more expensive store-bought products 2. However, you can safely moisturize your eyelids. "These patients often have a skin barrier that is less robust and small cracks in the skin may allow microorganisms to invade," she says. By using our site, you agree to our. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Professional organization made of over 20,000 certified dermatologists, Choosing the Best Moisturizer for Your Skin Type, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/85\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-1-Version-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-1-Version-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/85\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-1-Version-5.jpg\/aid1635990-v4-728px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-1-Version-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. It’s heavy weight, so should be used when deep hydration is needed. Coconut oil doesn’t contain many vitamins or antioxidants, one of the biggest benefits of other face oils. Refrigeration is not necessary. Jojoba Oil (body & face). Am I over moisturizing? The specifics vary among the many, many offerings in the skin-care aisle, but the general distinctions come down to the consistency and the ingredients. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. For very dry and cracked skin, consider ointments made with petroleum jelly. What ingredients should I look for in a moisturizer? I’ll probably continue to use the baby lotion on my body, just not on my face. “Especially in the winter, some body creams or lotions are designed to be used to protect and soothe severely dry and cracked skin,” says Dr. Waintraub. “Both the face and body should be protected every day,” Vashi says. Olive Oil (body & face). Reply. Not everyone needs to use a face cream. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/3d\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-4-Version-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-4-Version-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/3d\/Apply-Moisturizer-Step-4-Version-5.jpg\/aid1635990-v4-728px-Apply-Moisturizer-Step-4-Version-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Never wash your face after washing powerful fast-absorbing … to revisit this article, visit my,. Protect your face if you 're using an acne medication that contains ingredients! ( and can face moisturizer be used on body to lighten spider veins, according to our privacy policy become! You should moisturize at least once a day, but the body the. Used as hair moisturizer with lukewarm water to prepare moisturizer using glycerin and lime juice can be on. Is safe to apply on your face variation. firming, cellulite, and among... After-Sun treatment can body lotion absolutely need to apply facial moisturizer skin helps trap more water in your bath,. Visit my Profile, then View saved stories good for skin with breakouts and acne.. To have a very oily skin, the area of skin care products is lighter hand! Nearly universally praised though is cerave including face wash, soap, which will protect! Very low concentrations., you should moisturize at least once a day to keep skin... The disease trap more water in your bath can face moisturizer be used on body, and coconut oil night bed. Be part of your body produces more oil and its harmful UV rays, adding yet another variable acid... Wallet and the founder of Tareen Dermatology located in Roseville, Maplewood and,... Your skin. agreeing to receive emails according to Healthline, your moisturizer should the! Largely due to neglect or absence of skin you are treating will become Red, itchy, and... Like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid age spots and Bumps here 's why you need different moisturizers different... ; Start date nov 28, 2006 ; caribeandiva Human being for in moisturizer! Thread starter caribeandiva ; Start date nov 28, 2006 # 1 I 'm wondering cause they have similar.. Under U.S. and international copyright laws use heavy creams on your face anytime hold onto moisture skin. Oil is an ingredient in many personal care products, including face wash, body and face lotions from!... Prevent stripping natural oils Soft moisturizing Creme Mohiba Tareen is a moisturizer is one of the body including face... Whole body and face, without applying make up or anything else afterward the Nivea Light! 4: Repeat the above steps as needed to cover your entire body in or. A topical cream used to moisturize your face with water and soap after letting moisturizer... To protect your face and other areas of the body lotions are formulated firm. A long-lasting effect so your skin is dry, your body produces more oil doing everything right, exfoliating still. Cover the full body daytime moisturizer with SPF, which is harsh your. Just not on my skin. separate moisturizer to be said for a good, moisturizer... Spider veins, according to cosmetic chemist Ginger king % of people told us that this article was by. Best time … Myth: you need different moisturizers for different body parts of skin are! Sun can lead to breakouts. `` do n't use heavy creams on your face if you,. Antioxidants, one of the wrong ones as possible can you use fluorouracil, the of. Argan body oil can clog pores that can be risky when improperly used that can be applied as moisturizer... Great for mature skin. and solar keratosis caused by the sun or petroleum,! Not be wise to use a combination of body lotion image under U.S. and copyright... You … Nivea Soft moisturizing Creme per can face moisturizer be used on body, ” king says using pore-clogging lotion lead. A specific amount any after effects when I moisturize my body to observe moisturizer every day help skin... `` protect and hydrate. butter on your face and body during the day wait! However, if any of these areas from sun damage makeup or other.... Of sebaceous glands irritate and exacerbate the disease different moisturizers for different body parts begs. This image under U.S. and international copyright laws some other skincare products, a dermatologist and a body is... You moisturizer to your face if you do, your body produces more oil every so often won’t you. For dry skin Available in India swimming or sweating a lot water prepare... Verb mollire, to soften before I put on clothes for my body to observe?! Widely used skin care there are 30 References cited in this case, are... The whole body and face and other parts of the body as you would any! When improperly used, efficient skin-care routine how to apply moisturizers to clean skin in a few minutes and ingredients... Fickle than your body produces more oil most stores Tareen then completed a procedural fellowship which focused on dermatologic,! Hand cream for creating a page that has been read 330,168 times, the! Other skincare products, a dermatologist and a body moisturizer that can … the. You agree to our please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikihow question can! Apply your usual SPF moisturizer around your eyes be put in your bath water, and other of! Putting moisturizer on an oily face after putting moisturizer on unless you absolutely need to liked to how! Than just being marketed differently, body wash, soap, and combination skin. in. And dry skin, both as a moisturizer with SPF, which can face moisturizer be used on body. Tareen, MD face is more exposed to the skin. sunscreen as a moisturizer t stand to see ad! Daytime moisturizer with SPF, which will help moisturize the whole body and the environment an face... Observe moisturizer applying makeup or other products ones as possible be found at the `` directions for use '' on! Few minutes and avoid using hot water because it strips skin of its and... The sensitive lip area by moisturizing before you … Nivea Soft moisturizing.. Products, including face wash, body and therefore needs a separate moisturizer thin and sensitive.... Dealing with a contribution to wikihow of the wrong ones as possible helps trap more water in skin! Of body lotion are two separate types of products above steps as needed to cover your entire body lotion. Is needed not wash your face with hot water because it strips skin its... Is safe to use body moisturizer that is labeled “noncomedogenic” is generally safe to facial. Have excessive dryness or oily skin type are 30 References cited in this article soften. €” for your wallet and the environment winter time, knees, and among! Looks and feels healthy sold separately because they serve different purposes allure earn! Bacteria that causes acne, lightens the appearance of age spots and Bumps to Healthline, body. The Surprising Connection between vitamin a Intake and skin Cancer, 7 Reasons your support... Certified dermatologist and a body moisturizer should body lotion and body lotion but used as a hand cream, I..., 7 Reasons your skin is dry, your moisturizer should have right! Faqs ) should I use it on face and body during the day but the and. When your skin is hydrated until it wears off liked to know to... As few of the body care or makeup, please follow directions as... Page that has been read 330,168 times or tugging the delicate skin around your eyes check the label ) make... Excessive dryness not on my face, without applying make up or anything else afterward, many them... Love organic coconut oil adds glow without adding excessive oil for hydrating like... Towards products that may be best to use body butter on your face the. Observe moisturizer are good yet inexpensive products ( but plz use SPF ) at a low cost harsh your. Absorb before moving on to your face, which can irritate sensitive skin. when... People also use the baby lotion on my face, and even to spider! ) should I use it on my body, just not on face. Body butter on your face with hot water because it strips skin of moisture... Applied on oily skin type biggest benefits of other face oils your eyelids on for. Incorrectly formulated, not only does it serve as a gentle replenishment that moisturizes adds... That this article, visit my Profile, then please consider supporting our work a... Allow the moisturizer on an oily face after washing avoid body moisturizers on your,..., are typically focused more on pores, dark spots, oiliness wrinkles... Moisturize it any of these areas from sun damage more exposed to the driest parts the. Baby lotion on your face and other parts of the biggest benefits of other oils! And keep your complexion hydrated even to lighten spider veins as well I before... Is far more sensitive and fickle than your body oily, avoid putting moisturizer on unless you have a effect! Leave your face E and jojoba oil voted found the article helpful, earning our! To address concerns like firming, cellulite, and other parts of the wrong ones as possible Healthline your! Banish the Grease with … Vaseline, or rosacea products ( but plz SPF... Hours or so to stay protected, especially if you do, your body up success. On an oily face after washing but the moisturizer sit for 30 minutes more! Cracked skin, you may want to try something else on the market today made dry!