Pros & Cons of the Weimaraner Breed > Back to top. A Weimaraner is a very loyal dog and it is very devoted to its owner. It occurs when the stomach twists itself, thereby pinching off blood vessels and the routes of food traveling in or out. If you have room for a Berner to roam and work, then you will have a happier dog. One of the common statements is “Weimaraner involved in the bloodlines and eventually, the silver color appeared. Too many people decide on a breed of dog based on looks and have no understanding of the pros and cons of their chosen breed. The British Kennel Club breed standard describes a tail reaching to the hocks and carried below the level of the back when relaxed, and the German breed club standard calls for a full tail that is strong and well coated, which can be carried above the line of the back when the dog is working. Let’s take a quick look at the pros and cons of each route. For this reason, you often will find that your dog has gotten into your garbage can and leaving you with a big mess. There are more than 60 poodle mixes out there. The Weimaraner is considered as an average breed of dogs. All Rights Reserved. Trainability: Weimaraners are easy to train. I’ve combed Amazon and the web to bring you the pros and cons and my favorite pet feeders sold today. I thought about getting a Brittany, but then I met one and realized the leash behavior would drive me insane. Jan 23, 2017 - Thinking about getting a Weimaraner? Weimaraners are excellent with kids and easy grooming, trainability, a loving nature, and a can-do-attitude make them excellent pets.The Weimaraner has great physical stamina and … They can get along and be comfortable around a variety of people and animals as well as in different environments. Weimaraners, despite their very dignified appearance, have a streak of clown in them. It weighs between 55 and 90 pounds, and will measure up to 27 inches when fully grown. Updated May 10, 2020. Trainability : When trainability is concerned Weimaraners are easy to train. The following are the pros and cons of Golden Retriever and Weimaraner mixed. It increases genetic diversity, and can reduce the likelihood of inheriting serious health problems. How Can You Know The Truth? They are a fairly large dog with tons of energy. I want to hear from people who have more experience with the breed and know some of its tendencies personality wise. What are the pros and cons of spaying and neutering my Weimaraner, and when should it be done? Spaying and neutering are often recommended too early, which can lead to health problems later in life. Pros. Pros and cons of Weimaraners /owning a Weimaraner dog listed below. In most cases, the hormones of your Weimaraner don’t get enough time to develop and work as expected. ... Each comes with its pros and cons. As a deep-chested dog, the Weimaraner is prone to bloat or gastric torsion, a very serious condition that can cause painful and rapid death when left untreated. Weimaraners are not an independent breed and love to be with their owner, never leaving them alone. They do have a few unfavourable traits but I believe the good ones far outweigh the bad ones.Pros:The Weimaraner is an intelligent and affectionate pet that loves to be part of the family. When he was a puppy, he was quite the "chewer" and really made a mess of a few things. Traditionally, the tail is docked. The eyes of the Weimaraner may be light amber, grey or blue-grey. Get to Know Us . Exercise requirements. Recognized Clubs Says the American Kennel Club : “Lauded for his ability to work with great speed, fearlessness and endurance when on the hunt, the Weimaraner is also known for being an easily trainable, friendly and obedient member of the family.” Where to Adopt or Buy a Weimaraner . Pros: Wholesome natural ingredients, real deboned salmon as first ingredients, digestible whole grains, calcium and phosphorus for bones and joints, omega fatty acids, fresh fruits and veggies; Cons: Contains some plant protein (pea protein), may be a little high in fiber for some dogs; Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Dry Food Pros and cons of the typical personality of Weimaraner’s? [9] Further manifestations of this problem can include panicking and excessive drooling, along with destructive behaviors and injury. It may tolerate cats but usually does not, tending to follow the urge to hunt—no matter how long it has known a particular cat—and likely to chase and kill any small animal that enters the garden. The ideal environment for your pet will be a large secure yard so they can get plenty of exercise.Another problem is that this pet loves and longs to be near its owner at all times. The overall demeanor is calm and relaxed. All breeds. The Weimaraner is a popular dog breed with a devoted community of breeders, owners, and enthusiasts. Mixing with a Smaller Breed. A vet should be consulted if a dog starts to lose hair, itch constantly or develop rashes. Pure breeds; Cross breeds; Dog health; Dog food; Dog Wellness; Dog reviews; Dog Photo Gallery; Products. The Weimaraner is an energetic hunting dog, prized for its physical endurance and stamina, with a strong, instinctive prey-drive. Key Features: Grain-free, corn-free, wheat and soy-free for sensitive stomachs. Pros vs Cons . Grooming: Effortless: The Weimaraner requires minimal grooming. Early Weimaraners were used by royalty for hunting large game such as boar, bear and deer.As the popularity of large game hunting began to decline, Weimaraners were used for hunting smaller animals like fowl, rabbits and foxes. Pet parents who are busy often pay a dog walker to do the needful. I've been looking into getting a dog for nearly a year and I've been waffling between a couple breeds, so I thought I'd come to this sub to seek your input. Pros & Cons of Weimaraner. Automatic dog feeders can be a great tool and asset to navigate a busy lifestyle as a pet owner. Pros. This is the healthiest method to create a mini Australian Shepherd. Beware - Not All Advertised Dog Rescues Really Are! I also don't want a stubborn dog or a cry baby when I leave it for a bit. Where to Adopt or Buy a Bluetick Coonhound . The Weimaraner is very good with other dogs but the Labrador usually has a stronger personality. Parasites can cause an allergic reaction in addition to the normal irritation resulting from bites. These two dogs can be one of the most loyal companions in the world. Hello to all! Find pros and cons of The Weimaraner dog. They are well-rounded hunting dogs that excel at hunting, tracking, pointing and retrieving both on land and in the water. Cons: Can be costly depending on age, size and how much they eat. 168. If you are thinking of getting a puppy, you should check out the pros and cons for adopting a puppy. IrishDogs.ie takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. Insurance –the pros and cons of having it. Before choosing any hunting dog you should learn more about the Weimaraner. This dog has a super … The Weimaraner, also called the “ghost dog” or “silver ghost,” was originally bred in the 1800s for the royalty. What other names does the Weimaraner have? Can be destructive chewers. One of the common statements is “Weimaraner involved in the bloodlines and eventually, the silver color appeared. Cons: A Weimaraner has a high level of scent and therefore will be attracted to anything that you may have left out or items within your garbage can. The Weimaraner is not a house dog although they are content to be indoors as long as someone is with them. Pros. Be prepared to provide them with lots of exercise and mental stimulation. Prone to mischief. Pros. What are the pros and cons of spaying and neutering my Weimaraner, and when should it be done? American Journey Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food. Cons. The Weimaraner (/ ˈ w aɪ m ər ɑː n ər / VY-mə-rah-nər) is a large dog that was originally bred for hunting in the early 19th century. What are the Pros and Cons of Weimaraner Dogs? Skip to content. Pros And Cons of Getting A Weimaraner. How Pets Help Us Live A More Well-Balanced Life, How To Find The Right Vet And Veterinary Clinic, The Weimaraner is also known as the Grey Ghost, Click here for a list of HTML tags permitted in comments. An active owner … They are working dogs and will take on just about any task from hunting to herding to watching the children. Pros. Good training can curb some of the separation anxiety. 0. It will usually leave hair all over the carpet like most dogs do, but it only requires combing 2 to 3 times a week. 24; Chapter Three: Purchasing Your Weimaraner Dog 28; Where Can You Buy Weimaraner Dogs? It can easily learn to open up doors and escape when placed into a room within your home. Begin training by teaching basic commands. In almost every instance, two dogs can be brought together in peace and harmony. Trainability: Weimaraners are easy to train. Pro, Great family dog and also around kids but start early. They are very friendly and loving dogs once they are trained at an early age. They can display destructive behaviors when bored. This is part of what makes them so appealing. It is a dog that learns quickly and will show a profound interest in understanding what you are trying to teach it. However, the downside here is that a crossbred teacup Australian Shepherd can inherit any traits from the non-Aussie parent. Also very smart and does have the looks. Raised food bowls have been found to more than double the risk of bloat in large dogs.[11]. Sometimes this happens early in life–a torn ACL, etc. Pros. A Weimaraner with separation anxiety is likely to bark, whine, howl and even dig until its owner returns home. Bird hunting is a sport that has been around for a long time. It is up to you to make sure that you take the steps necessary to make the transition smooth for each animal. So sweet. The female Weimaraner, on the other hand, stands only at … [ad_1]The Good and Bad Points of Owning a Weimaraner as a PetThe Weimaraner is also known as the Grey Ghost due to their predominant coloring. These approaches are crossbreeding, introducing a dwarfism gene, and repeatedly breeding from runts. You have to socialize them, but they are gentile and curious so it is not difficult. Pros; A Norwegian Buhund doesn't need much maintenance. They are highly intelligent and loyal dogs. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters because it might well be your perspective, too. Thanks Immediate medical attention is imperative when bloat occurs and surgery is the only option if it is caught early enough. … This breed is loving, energetic, and intelligent. But, this statement proved false. The Weimaraner is also known as the Grey Ghost due to their predominant colouring. Fill in the form below to send this breed article to a friend: We've got a small favour to ask. They are a fairly large dog with tons of energy. I think you will be happy you did.Cons:A Weimaraner has a high level of scent and therefore will be attracted to anything that you may have left out or items within your garbage can. A Weimaraner requires frequent exercise and will appreciate games and play. Dog Grooming Tips - A General Overview of the Very Basics of Dog Grooming, Recognising Different Types of Dog Obedience Problems, Weimaraner - Pros and Cons of Owning This Versatile Pet. In countries where this is still carried out, the docked tail should measure approximately 6 inches in the adult dog, and this is part of the American Kennel Club breed standard. We cannot speak to which insurance company pays the best. The Weimaraner is an intelligent and affectionate pet that loves to be part of the family. The pros and cons of the Bernese Mountain Dog depend upon your energy levels, the climate where you live, and the size of your property. Hi. There is the threat of bloat (as mentioned above) in this breed, too! Fantastic! They have high exercise needs, and are relatively healthy. You will also find general information such as the pros & cons of owning along with the caring for & feeding of all types of pets from dogs to snakes to fish to exotics. Silver Lab Controversy in 2021 will be decreasing gradually. The Weimaraner is a popular dog breed with a devoted community of breeders, owners, and enthusiasts. Cons. Their colouring and actions make them stand out from the ordinary dog. Visit Spaying Your Female Dog or Neutering Your Male Dog for the straight scoop on the safest (and riskiest) times to spay or neuter. All Products; Product Reviews; Questions; July 9, 2018. Having a hunter in the family is a plus as this breed is one of the better hunting dogs. Most owners will tell you that their Grey Ghost is almost human because its intelligence is that high.Your pet Weimaraner is the type of pet that will catch people's attention. Weimaraners were bred to have a lot of energy and stamina. If you are planning to get a Norwegian Buhund, you may want to find out the pros and cons of owning this breed. It’s tough finding the right automated feeder with the many styles, models and functions found online today. The following are the pros and cons of Golden Retriever and Weimaraner mixed. Take time to read them carefully before buying this mixed breed dog. After weighing the pros against the cons, it seems clear that you should go ahead and get that second dog, if that is what you really want to do. However, this unique canine isn’t right for the lifestyle of all owners. If you are a hunter and are looking for a companion as well, this could be the perfect hunting dog, pet and best friend. Home Weimaraner dog review. Can experience separation anxiety if left alone too much. Excellent family dog ... Cons. For this reason, you often will find that your dog has gotten into your garbage can and leaving you with a big mess.The Grey Ghost's intelligence is somewhat of a catch 22. Adaptability: Weimaraners adapt very well to lifestyle changes and basically all living environments. Can be destructive chewers. In this article, we’re going to take a look at Doberman pros and cons to give you a clear insight into the breed. Where to Adopt or Buy a Weimaraner . Jan 6, 2013 - Weimaraner pros: Always been one of my favorites, their silver coats are beautiful - as are their blue eyes. A Weimaraner requires appropriate training to learn how to be calm and control its behavior. How to Train a Weimaraner: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow. Insurance –the pros and cons of having it. This can create very severe separation anxiety in the breed. Stubborn; can be challenging to train. It increases genetic diversity, and can reduce the likelihood of inheriting serious health problems. (Weimaraner Voerstehhund, Grey Ghost, Weims) The Weimaraner is a medium-sized dog with elegantly defined features and an aristocratic appearance. Other neams of Weimaraner is  Weimaraner Vehmediyorsun, Weim and Grey Ghost. They are one of the most intelligent breeds that are available today. Early spay and neuter can lead to: Torn ligaments; Bone cancer Silver Lab Controversy in 2021 will be decreasing gradually. She did have to take him to obedience training. A male Weimaraner weighs 70-80 pounds and is 25-27 inches tall at the shoulder. As an Amazon Associate, we may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases but at no extra cost to you. Spaying and neutering are often recommended too early, which can lead to health problems later in life. Too many people decide on a breed of dog based on looks and have no understanding of the pros and cons of their chosen breed. It is a dog that learns quickly and will show a profound interest in understanding what you are trying to teach it Pros: The Weimaraner is an intelligent and affectionate pet that loves to be part of the family. Take time to read them carefully before buying this mixed breed dog. Weimaraners are a wonderful breed with a number of fantastic qualities. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Where Can You Take Service Dogs, And Where Are They Not Allowed? Consider these important questions BEFORE acquiring a Weimaraner, not afterwards. They hunted boar, bear, and deer. Silver Lab Controversy in 2021. I think you will be happy you did. The Weimaraner is a very people-oriented breed. Pros and Cons of Goldmaraner. Pros & Cons of Weimaraner. Joint and bone problems, eye diseases, bleeding disorders, and cancer also make this breed a bit risky in the health department. A Weimaraner can be "sticky" and it has a constant need to be close to its owner. The Good and Bad Points of Owning a Weimaraner as a Pet [ad_1]The Good and Bad Points of Owning a Weimaraner as a PetThe Weimaraner is also known as the Grey Ghost due to their predominant coloring. AskBug A clean and minimal question and answer theme for WordPress and AnsPress. Intelligence: Weimaraners are very smart,excellent dog breed in terms of intelligent rank. Locating a good breeder is essential to finding the right puppy. Pros. They love to play, they love to be hammy. Now the Weimaraner is considered the perfect dog for bird hunting. What are the pros and cons of spaying and neutering my Weimaraner, and when should it be done? I am looking at purchasing a dog and these are the two I'm debating on. The Vizsla Poodle mix is still somewhat in the shadows. I have been considering getting a dog recently and I fell in love with this Weimaraner from my work, I work at a doggy daycare. When talking to an owner of one you will most likely hear stories that make them seem like some kind of super dog. Owners who see all four seasons in their geographic location will give them a chance to enjoy their natural climate. The bluetick coonhound is a beautiful hound and a versatile working dog. They're so expressive. They are working dogs and will take on just about any task from hunting to herding to watching the children. This breed is only for experienced owner who knows about the traits and characteristics of this breed. Mixing with a Smaller Breed. Please SUPPORT us by clicking on the Donate Button at the Top Right of your screen. Pros & Cons Reviews © 2021. One way to help prevent bloat is to spread out the Weimaraner’s feedings to at least twice daily and to avoid any vigorous exercise an hour before or after meals. Tail docking is illegal in several countries, where the breed is shown with an entire tail. Pros: Contains everything needed for a healthy Weimaraner. It is a rare breed but one with great companionship potential. Weimaraner Temperament. Our future could be much more secure with your help. Sometimes this happens early in life–a torn ACL, etc. Pros of Weimaraner Dog (Grey Ghost) Breed Review. May suffer from separation anxiety. They love one another and are willing to fight for their human. If you are planning to get a Norwegian Buhund, you may want to find out the pros and cons of owning this breed. Weimaraners are extremely prone to a life-threatening digestive syndrome called bloat, which can kill a dog in just a few hours. For this reason, you often will find that your dog has gotten into your garbage can and leaving you with a big mess. Skin allergies are common among weimeraners. My hope in writing these questions is to inform potential Weimaraner owners about the characteristics you may not yet be considering when you decide to purchase a Weimaraner. They love to play and will keep you entertained with their tricks. By. Any comments are appreciated. This high level of intelligence along with their versatility is why many pet owners choose this breed. Eventually, the athletic Weimaraner is going to need extreme Veterinary or special care. Weight Gain Potential: Low to Average. They are a fairly large dog with tons of energy. The Good and Bad Points of Owning a Weimaraner as a Pet. He's a dog artist, as most people know, and his passion is photographing his own Weimaraners in various poses, kind of anthropomorphizing them and making them look really human. According to the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, Weimaraners enjoy low rates of dysplasia. By AJ 0 Comments. 17 Norwegian Elkhound Pros and Cons. They're just cute pictures. Bear in mind there are cons associated with this procedure being done too early in your Weimaraner’s life. Thanks to both his parents who are athletic hunters, a Vizmaraner demands a lot in the way of exercise. Does not shed alot. Posted on May 2, 2019 by Moidul The Weimaraner is also known as the Grey Ghost due to their predominant coloring. People get aware of the pros and cons of cross-breeding. Jun 23, 2020 Nov 27, 2018 by Brandon Miller. They have a very strong desire to work and live with their owners, making the breed a good choice for the novice hunter. Pros; A Norwegian Buhund doesn't need much maintenance. Weimaraner-Pros and Cons of Owning This Versatile Pet. We believe you should invest in some kind of major medical coverage. Their image is one of speed and grace, and their expression is alert and self-assured. The Weimaraner is one of the most popular large breeds, due to its beautiful appearance, unique character, and strong athleticism. Weight Gain Potential: Low to Average. Grooming: Effortless: The Weimaraner requires minimal grooming. Copy the numbers and letters from the security image: The following HTML tags are permitted in comments: , , , ,

, , , , , , ,

, , , , , , ,