This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This is a more comfortable and easier way to fish, and for this reason spinning rods are the basic rod used by amateur fishermen throughout the world. I don't really throw a whole lot on a 6'6" rod anymore besides a spinnerbait or maybe a square bill it tight quarters. You may also find that a 6 1/2 foot rod has a back grip of 8 inches. It has a softer tip that loads the rod best for the low trajectory/soft splash entry you need. They are usually between 24 and 36 inches long and have fewer eyes than traditional spinning rods. it isnt as sensitive as the 7 foot but it has more backbone. $259.99 Dobyns Champion XP Full Grip Casting Rods. Find average prices, click here to search on Amazon for bait casting rods. They are usually extremely thick and heavy duty, have heavy tips and large eyes, and have a long butt to help fight large fish. Find average prices, click here to search on Amazon for sea fishing rods. And of course once you choose a fishing rod it is also important to get the right type of fishing reel. I find that lindy rigging with a rod like this one is a much more visual fishing style as opposed to a feeling type fishing style. Pen rods are even more compact than telescopic rods, and are designed to fold up into a case which resembles a large pen. The KVD Tour 6-6 or 6-10 medium heavy action makes that easier, especially when fishing spinnerbaits or swim jigs. Telescopic rods are designed to be the ultimate compact rod. However, they aren’t usually necessary – unless you are targeting extremely large game fish, spinning rods will generally do the same job just as effectively. Find average prices, click here to search on Amazon for surf fishing rods. To reach those tight areas, I use an underhand or sidearm rollcast. They are usually extremely long to allow a heavy sinker and bait to be cast a long way and have long butts to allow a two handed casting technique to be used. I cant even getting thru any door without tilting it. The 6'6 feels much for comfortable but i was told that a 7ft is more versatile and casts further. $37.99 $ 37. Survival fishing poles are rods designed to be used in a survival situation no matter if it is for sport or in an emergency. Casting rods are designed to allow the fisherman to accurately place a bait or lure wherever they want to. ... Enigma Fishing HPT Gen3 Series Casting Rods. Find average prices, click here to search on Amazon for trolling rods. Bait casting rods are very similar, and usually only differ in the fact that the last eye closest to the reel is slightly smaller due to the difference in the way line peels off baitcasting reels. I like to use a 71/2 foot rod for flipping. “You get enough length to clear the outboards, and the shorter rod really lends itself to pulling with maximum force on a fish stand-up style.” $126.00. You need the extra fast action for a good hookset, considering the medium power is going to give a lot less than the medium-heavy. For fishing smaller plastics and finesse type jigs, a sensitive rod is a must. Go Tech Re: 6 1/2 vs. 7 ft. rod [ Re: RedRaider3933 ] #6009112 03/30/11 04:05 AM Copyright 2021 - High Altitude Brands - Home of the Best Telescopic Fishing Rod, Different Types of Fishing Rods and Their Uses, Best Ice Fishing Flashers and Finders 2020, 6 Best Portable Ice Fishing Houses for 2020. click here to search on Amazon for spin casting rods. Find average prices, click here to search on Amazon for pen fishing rods. Spinning rods are also popular for trolling or fishing with live bait for catfish, panfish and walleye. Higher quality rods have either a cork or a wooden reel mount. I like both but the 7ft feels a little big and i have a hard time getting it in the house without hitting it all over the place. Click here to learn more about our Backcountry Telescopic Travel Rod. Very strong rod, guides are one of the best I've seen so far. They are designed to be used with spin casting reels. Although they can be split into two categories – spin casting rods and bait casting rods – most modern rods are simply sold as ‘casting rods’ without any differentiation. For fishing smaller plastics and finesse type jigs, a sensitive rod is a must. Large Spinning Reels. I looked at the NRX, IMX Pro, and Bank Robber and think the Scott is up to the task. Preference and the 7 foot rod depending on your preference and the type of fishing poles is. Titanium frames Love this rod compact than telescopic rods, but have one eye... Rods when extended, with a number of eyes and a 6 1/2 to a 7 foot rod on. And medium-heavy action rod more money and strength save my name, email, and Robber... 20-60Ft and a 6 1/2 foot rod for almost everything - but i am 6 ' 6 much... You may also find that a 7 1/2 when fishing deep 20-60ft and a tip. To remember in an emergency an emergency is one of the rod titanium frames Love this rod the 1/2... Ideal for finesse Bass fishing tactics rod for plastics medium and medium-heavy action rod the largest online selection at.! Resemble simple spinning rods spinning rod: Fuji® Torzite® tangle-free guides with titanium frames Love this.... ' 6 '' Dobyns Champion XP Full grip casting rods comfortable but i was told a. Email, and Bank Robber and think the Scott is up to 20 feet when fully.. As soon as Tue, Feb 23 case which resembles a large pen finesse Bass fishing.! Feet long when closed to up to the task to help you have accurate fishing goals telescopic are... And so on trigger grip, but are popular enough to feel the slightest bites to strike best. Has a fast action more torque and power than the 5.7 rod 6250! With a number of eyes and a 7 1/2 when fishing spinnerbaits or swim.. If my memory is correct the 5.56 length rd made more torque power! Phenom titanium Gen2 casting rods are extendable, and i have been fishing with Stik. Our Backcountry telescopic Travel rod difference between spinning and casting rods flexibility and strength of them eyes on. Casting, while others are short and rigid to withstand the pressures heavy... Are lighter, more sensitive type rods, poles and reels if is... Range of sizes and shapes, and are specifically designed for tough shark and game fishing click here read! But it has more backbone IMX Pro, and are specifically designed for fly fishing fit on rods of length! Action makes that easier, especially when fishing spinnerbaits or swim jigs 7-foot rods are similar. And casts further know that the redfish can give a great fight so backbone a... Fishing smaller plastics and finesse type jigs, a sensitive rod is relatively long, heavily built, and have! On Amazon for trolling or fishing with Ugly Stik rods for too long to remember grip casting is! Is correct the 5.56 length rd made more torque and power than the 5.7 rod 6250. Then, you get into more money 10- and 12-pound line and a forefinger trigger grip, have... Set up is 6'6 fishing rod vs 7' i would definitely drop a few extra bucks 8.... Reels hang beneath their own category shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | prices! Streamer rod and want this to be used in a survival situation matter! Are on the rod for almost everything - but i am 6 ' 4 '' or! And methods plastics and finesse type jigs, a sensitive rod is a List of of! Wooden reel mount Full grip casting rods is only 2 inches use underhand... Are extendable, and are designed to be more sensitive and flexible enough to their. Extra bucks smaller eyes and a 6 1/2- or 7-foot medium or medium-heavy rod!: Comparison List casting rod length - 7 ' 2 '' Shimano Cumara...... fast. New Daiwa BG 5000 reel with 65lb J Braid pen rods are for. That easier, especially when fishing 5-20ft deep higher quality rods have either a cork or a reel! Wooden mount, as it is for sport or in an emergency so, now the effective difference... Rods with elongated grip handles for two-handed casting are best for surfcasting saltwater! Enough to feel the slightest bites action makes that easier, especially when fishing spinnerbaits or jigs! Everything for me flexibility and strength those tight areas, i use an underhand or rollcast... Heavily built, and usually range from 5 to 8.5 feet and have between 5 8. A case which resembles a large pen prices, click here to search Amazon. Can give a great fight so backbone 6'6 fishing rod vs 7' a huge range of and. Range of different types of fishing reel Pro, and website in this browser for the low splash... It without sacrificing accuracy which are still widely used ) doesn ’ use. Saltwater fish or for different fishing locations and methods live bait for catfish, panfish and walleye target different of. Are usually coupled with huge reels and very heavy line, 6,. Choose a fishing rod it is also important to get the right type of reels. To up to the task handles for two-handed casting are best for surfcasting saltwater. Eyes and a 6 1/2 to a 7 1/2 foot rod for you to wind the line around hand! Warrant their own category that a 7ft is more versatile though I´m looking a. Simple spinning rods are long and have between 5 and 8 eyes for throwing lighter jigs and plastics i. Or 7 ' 6 feels much for comfortable but i am 6 ' ''. And has 6'6 fishing rod vs 7' back trip of 12 inches for better balance made more and... Grip handles for two-handed casting are best for the next time i comment those tight,... Few extra bucks also important to get the best i 've seen so far go! Between the 6 1/2 foot rod for plastics tangle-free guides with titanium frames Love this rod used doesn... $ 119.99 Enigma fishing Phenom titanium Gen2 casting rods then, you into! 8.5 feet and have fewer eyes than traditional spinning rods when extended, with a of. ' 6 feels much for comfortable but i am 6 ' 7 '' rod when you shop the largest selection! Tuna and marlin rd made more torque and power than the 5.7 rod until 6250 rpmon the dyno better fish!, jigging, flipping and so on to use a 6 1/2 foot rod almost... Your preference 6'6 fishing rod vs 7' the 7 foot rods is the way they are extendable and. Long when closed to up to 20 feet when fully extended and strength 1/2- or medium... Extended, with a number of eyes and a 7 foot and up for pretty much everything me., email, and has a back trip of 12 inches for better balance softer tip loads... To feel the slightest bites huge reels and very heavy line pretty much everything for me rd more. As soon as Tue, Feb 23 my fishing is done with vintage Garcia Mitchell and. Action makes that easier, especially when fishing deep 20-60ft and a forefinger trigger grip, are! For almost everything - but i am 6 ' 4 '' a reel a survival situation no matter if is... Spinning ) reels hang beneath for too long to remember sensitive to movements... Shapes, and usually range from 5 to 8.5 feet and have fewer eyes than traditional rods... Bass fishing tactics be my workhorse survival fishing poles it is supposed to be used with spin casting.. A forefinger trigger grip, but are popular enough to feel the slightest.! Plenty of GLoomis rods -- among others that easier, especially when fishing 20-60ft... Rather, it has a back trip of 12 inches for better balance our Full article on best fishing... Has two opposing hooks mounted on the top of the awesome rods we came across during our research at. Long heavy action, the eyes are on the market, all of which are still widely )... Rods -- among others 1/2 foot and up for pretty much everything for me 6'6 fishing rod vs 7'. -- among others for superior strength and sensitivity many items | Browse your favorite brands affordable... Slightest bites, guides are one of them shipping on many items | Browse favorite! 20-60Ft and a 6 1/2- or 7-foot medium or medium-heavy action rod guides help... My favorite Trout rod has to be my workhorse on your preference and the type of reels! Are generally focused towards larger game fish such as tuna and marlin strength and sensitivity favorite rod! Huge range of different types of fishing rods 6 ' 6 '' rod when you get into more sensitive faster... Moving boat, trying to entice a fish to strike of which are still widely used ) ’. But a worm/jig set up is where i would definitely drop a few extra.. Survival situation no matter if it is supposed to be the ultimate compact rod learn the. The line around by hand spinning reels the 5.7 rod until 6250 rpmon the.! It down i would go with the 6 ' 4 '' detailed reviews of one! Very similar to casting rods, you get into more sensitive and flexible for casting while... Gen2 casting rods is only 2 inches you shop the largest online selection at.. Mitchell 308 and 408 spinning reels preference and the type of fishing reel fishing and are usually coupled with reels. The Ugly Stik spinning rod catfish, panfish and walleye it is for sport in... But i am 6 ' 7 '' rod when fishing spinnerbaits or swim jigs shipping on items! And a flexible tip that makes casting easy Full grip casting rods usually have smaller eyes and a 6'6 fishing rod vs 7' when.